Laser Detectors.......

Jacko

Was just reading an old article on Pistonheads.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/speed/default.asp?storyId=15247

Does anyone know now whether its illegal to have a laser detector, not jammer etc.

Just that my GPS based speed camera detector has an additional input for the laser detector, the point being that when they evenutallly make it illegal, you can just remove the additional detector element and continue to use the GPS.

Anyone know whether they did after this article?

Ming? Any input?

As the guys said above, they are pointless, you can have mine!

Yes it did detect the camera van, but all it did was confirm what I already knew, I had been lasered. Sure enough a week later the NIP fell through the letterbox.

Laser jammers, that another matter, but they are illegal and will see you prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. So dont get one of those..... :ninja:

Though I do hear that the Laser ProPark is the dog danglies (its a laser parking aid that tells you the distance to your garage wall but an unfortunate side effect is that it just happens to confuse just about all laser guns, including those with a stealth mode). So clearly you wouldnt want to fit one of those :blush:

Though I do hear that the Laser ProPark is the dog danglies (its a laser parking aid that tells you the distance to your garage wall but an unfortunate side effect is that it just happens to confuse just about all laser guns, including those with a stealth mode). So clearly you wouldnt want to fit one of those :blush:

B):teeth:

Detectors will always be legal unless this nanny state really finds a way of outlawing radios - that's all they do, detect a signal.

Like the idea of the parking thingy though! :thumbs:

Hmmm, difficult to see where the truth lies. You've got conflicting info on the forum link but that said the guy who says he's just fitted one of the other things to his F430 probably owned the company (1 post and he's got a F430). Looks very interesting, I've got some marks on both my front & back bumpers so I might consider this, certainly seems a better option than parking sensors which give you those funny things all over the place ;)