CEL Light ON

narcotix

Alright guys ...

Just wanted your opinions on this issue I had earlier today ...

I was driving the car all day without any problems ... but then I noticed that the CEL was on while driving home from gym

So I hooked up the car to my laptop and read off the following codes:

P0159 Rear O2S, Bank 2

P1147 Heated O2 Sensor 2

P1167 Heated O2 Sensor 2

The software I used said something about a "Slow reading from O2 Sensor" too ...

Anyway I cleared the codes and started her up and all seems well once more ....

So my question is .. Do you think it's down to cold weather or maybe something more?

Thanks

I hope so ...

I've recently spent a fair bit on the Zed and ideally don't want to have any unplanned expensenses at the moment ...

I've got 2 software packages that I use ... The first one is called ScanTool.net which is very basic but is fine for reading the codes off quickly.

The second one is called Digimoto .. this has a lot more functionality but I'm not really sure on what most of it does ...

Both software products allow you to reset the CEL anyway which is very handy at times such as this!

:thumbs:

Alright guys ...

Just wanted your opinions on this issue I had earlier today ...

I was driving the car all day without any problems ... but then I noticed that the CEL was on while driving home from gym

So I hooked up the car to my laptop and read off the following codes:

P0159 Rear O2S, Bank 2

P1147 Heated O2 Sensor 2

P1167 Heated O2 Sensor 2

The software I used said something about a "Slow reading from O2 Sensor" too ...

Anyway I cleared the codes and started her up and all seems well once more ....

So my question is .. Do you think it's down to cold weather or maybe something more?

Thanks

Heh, amazing, My CEL came on today for the first time since I got it... on the way back from the gym!

I followed the guide because I wanted to read the code, I wasn't ready and completely missed it... I've reset the ECU. I take it if there really is a problem the CEL will return?

Heh, amazing, My CEL came on today for the first time since I got it... on the way back from the gym!

I followed the guide because I wanted to read the code, I wasn't ready and completely missed it... I've reset the ECU. I take it if there really is a problem the CEL will return?

Yeah that's correct...

If the CEL returns after a reset then you have an underlying issue somewhere...

The pedal method of reading the ECU Codes can be a bit tricky ... especially since it's not often that you need to do it..

Mark: The software didnt have that information .. but I'm sure that it must have been on my last journey as I'm always quite aware of things on the car...

I think I may have spoke too soon ...

It was fine all day again until my journey home from the gym ..

This time there was only one error code recorded and it was the P1147 that was reported yesterday ...

I have cleared it again and am hopeful that it's just down to the weather still ...

:thumbs: