Azure Spra Paint - Interior Trim Prep

jay3032

No any good quality local car parts shop can mix up a tin or spray can for you or worse go to Halfrauds.

Re: Prep - depends what you want to spray I guess the plastic panels? Tricky paint does'nt like flexible plastic - you need to buy a primer for plastics - such as a bumper primer which flexes with the plastic, however generally in my experience durability is still an issue - better off covering in a matching vinyl or leather?

If you do decide to spray then ensure the area is very clean and you may have to rough it up a bit with some very fine wet and dry paper or sandpaper first, apply primer , dry then apply another coat etc then paint, dry , sand , repeat until you get the finish you want?

Hope this helps?

Have a look at this site most Z users obtain their paint requirements from them. I have an azure and they supplied a very good match, plastic is tricky as said in previous answer.

However I did my engine bay (bling) battery cover etc and looks great but of course these bits don't get constant use every day.

http://www.paints4u.com/default.aspx

:thumbs:

If you are planning on doing the centre trim and cubby make sure you try and get off the rubber / pastic top layer as it reacts when painted due to silicone. Ask Madmarky as his first one did this. Secondly use a decent quality high build primer. Paint can be sourced for nearly any Auto supply company like fleet factors / halfords / etc etc.

If I was you do some of the prep yourself and find out if anyone on here is getting any paintwork done on an azure zed. Then just ask if you can get it done when their car goes in. Will be the cheapest option and hopefully get the best results :thumbs: