Tarox Brakes

SteveW

Evening folks,

I'm going to be needing some new rear disks after the winter and have decided I will be giving something other then the norm a try.

I've just noticed Tarox now do disks for the zed, they didn't used to when I bought my last lot.

I've done a search and couldn't find any posts about people using tarox but I've heard good things in the past from other car forums.

I'm just a bit confused about which to get the Tarox website isn't the clearest.

The three options I have are G88 (40 groove disks), F2000 (Swirly groove) or sport japan (drilled and 6 grooves).

It doesn't really say which are best for track, I'm steering clear of the sport Japan's because they are drilled right through and the thermal stress will crack them, its just a matter of time.

Does anyone know if the G88's or the F2000's are the more track oriented disk?

Price is same for either £320.

I've also looked at the DBA 4000's which are similarly priced any other options in this price bracket? Dixcel are discounted due to requirement for using their own pads. I've currently got turbogrooves, have no issues with them as a disc and were fine on track just want to try something else to see if I can tell a difference.

Cheers

Steve

I'm sure I saw a post where Dixon said you dont have to use their own pads. Have you spoken to him? Sure he said DS2500 were ok with them. If you havent knackered the Turbo Grooves then you are probably pretty light on the old braking, so anything better than OEM will suffice, cant go wrong with DBA, they'd be my choice.

i can do a good deal on EBC rears plain discs or grooved.....

why not ry the USR discs front and back from EBC........

New Ultimax Black Anodised rotors

“British made†premium quality Slotted sport brake disc

The new ultimax series offer much quieter braking and feature a new special paint process to prevent corrosion.

thanks

Steve,

I can't help you with the Tarox but you really can not go wrong with BDA mate. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31541

These will marry up well with Ferodo DS2500 or PF pads.

Have a look in my sub-forum for options. :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Let me know your choice and I will work out a deal for you. ;)

Alex. :)

I'm sure I saw a post where Dixon said you dont have to use their own pads. Have you spoken to him? Sure he said DS2500 were ok with them. If you havent knackered the Turbo Grooves then you are probably pretty light on the old braking, so anything better than OEM will suffice, cant go wrong with DBA, they'd be my choice.

No mate I haven't spoke to him, I seem to recall reading a post somewhere that said you couldn't mix Dixcel with other pads but I'll message him.

i can do a good deal on EBC rears plain discs or grooved.....

why not ry the USR discs front and back from EBC........

New Ultimax Black Anodised rotors

“British made†premium quality Slotted sport brake disc

The new ultimax series offer much quieter braking and feature a new special paint process to prevent corrosion.

Thanks mate but the Ultimax are less track oriented that the turbogrooves, also want to try something different. I'm happy with my turbogrooves on the front for now.

Steve,

I can't help you with the Tarox but you really can not go wrong with BDA mate. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31541

These will marry up well with Ferodo DS2500 or PF pads.

Have a look in my sub-forum for options. :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Let me know your choice and I will work out a deal for you. ;)

Alex. :)

Thanks Alex I'll drop you a PM nearer the time also when I've decided if its going to be DBA or Tarox.

Thank you for the post links. :clap:

Cheers

Steve

• 9 months later...

So any experiences with Tarox?

I was advised buy German dealer for Tarox F2000 rotor with Pagid 4-2 Blue pads. He also denied to combine it with Ferodo DS2500.

Than I contacted the main dealer in Czech, he told Tarox rotor should be combined with Tarox - Corsa 501 pad.

Any ideas?