Play MP3 files through Bose system

Jennypatel

In short, no.

In reality, yes but you can either do it via cassette adaptor (vile sound) or FM transmitter (slightly less vile sound) or by doing a bit of soldering yourself (haven't heard the finished product myself). Tbh your best bet is just to change the head unit for something decent, it really is the best way forward. I used to have an Alpine system in my car and it was fantastic, but you can just buy whatever fits your budget. Really don't try and do it on the cheap using the cassette adaptor or FM transmitter though, as you're throwing good money away. Do it once, do it properly.

And welcome along! :wave:

the mp3 mod

The mp3 mod means that u have to take your radio out and solder a connection onto it. It's very fiddly. But can be done in about an hour.

To get the radio out means removing most of the dash from the front. It's a pain if u have never done this before.

Go the tescos, buy a tape adapter and just leave it hanging out the front of the boss unit.

Where are u from? I could prob do the install, if ure local.

How difficult is it to fit the car phone cradles?? I'm trying to decide between doing the ipod headunit mod + fitting a car cradle + bluetooth module or just getting a din convertor and fitting a suitable bluetooth headunit... I loved my Sony one in the van (until some bastard stole it :rant: ) as it streamed music via bluetooth and calls etc... was just so easy no wires no nothing to worry about... just may be more expensive this way.

How difficult is it to fit the car phone cradles?? I'm trying to decide between doing the ipod headunit mod + fitting a car cradle + bluetooth module or just getting a din convertor and fitting a suitable bluetooth headunit... I loved my Sony one in the van (until some bastard stole it :rant: ) as it streamed music via bluetooth and calls etc... was just so easy no wires no nothing to worry about... just may be more expensive this way.

Do u not have the cradle already? Has someone removed it? There is a plug in the armrest of the car under the little felt covered tray. It should just plug in there. But if u haven't got it it's gonna cost u to get the cradle then the BT module. Which would go half way to the cost of a new HU.

Put a new HU is the way I would go!

Thanks.

I am going to see how a tape works http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TW683ZM/A

If you value your ears, don't bother. The sound is utterly appalling, it's like living back in the Eighties but not in a good way. The sound quality will be horrendous, but it's your money...

I learnt the hard way just to get a decent head unit in the first place.

Do u not have the cradle already? Has someone removed it? There is a plug in the armrest of the car under the little felt covered tray. It should just plug in there. But if u haven't got it it's gonna cost u to get the cradle then the BT module. Which would go half way to the cost of a new HU.

Put a new HU is the way I would go!

Don't have a cradle for some reason even though I have a GT model! I think I'll go down the new head unit route :teeth: