Scratches - Cheapest Place ?

Derek_ZR

G/f's new Hyundai Getz got scratched at work the other day.

I thought I would try Chipsaway thinking it might cost £70 or so. The local franchisee came out today to give a quote and said £140 and that's supposedly with a 10% AA member discount.

Anyone used this company and able to say if that's an accurate price ?

Or are there any cheaper companies ?

I wasn't there or would have asked more questions but I can get the panel resprayed for less than that elsewhere.

I've used Chips Away on quite a few occasions and always been pretty good. That does seem a little more than you'd expect, but it depends on what they intend to do and how bad the scratch is?

Isn't their approach to 'paint the chip not the car'? May be wanting to just rub the area down and only spray a very small area. A whole panel resprayed can look entirely different if colour / texture / finish vary at all.

used chipsaway when I scuffed my Zed (have the pics somewhere which I meant to post up).

They seem to have a loose but standard pricing based on the size of the damage, this is by no means documented but its the feeling I got based on the conversation I had when they assessed mine. Anything you could cover with your hand ~£70 up to about a foot long ~£110 (that was before AA discount).

But they are a franchise jobs so there could easily be pricing variation between locations (and standard of work) but my repair was pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...