kumho KU31 ecsta sport

r111nxx

thanks. would FK452's be a better option?

Not a fan of the fk452's,imo the kumho's are better in the wet,the only problem with the kumho's are they wear to quick,remember both are budget tyres,ide pay the extra & get some micky pilot sport 2's or be a cheap bast%$d like me & get a full set of ps2's with 5mm+ for under£200 :thumbs:

Not a fan of the fk452's,imo the kumho's are better in the wet,the only problem with the kumho's are they wear to quick,remember both are budget tyres,ide pay the extra & get some micky pilot sport 2's or be a cheap bast%$d like me & get a full set of ps2's with 5mm+ for under£200 :thumbs:

Off of shire ? ;)

+1 get some decent tyres unless your one for skidding?

heard good things about the khumo's

fk452's some like them some don't, on the heavier car maybe not a sgood, but i run them on my s2k and they work very well, not had any issues with them. don't forget size and profiel will also make a difference to a tyres performance compared from one car to another.

vredestein ultrac sessantas are good.

PS2's are good but very expensive. perosnally i'd rather buy new tyres than 2nd hand ones as you don't know how old the rubber is (tyres should be changed at 3 years or when they get near the wear bar). or how many punctures its had and that have been repaired, and by who or how well. (no comeback if it was a crap job and your tyre explodes at 70 on the motorway.) also if they are illegal repairs and been done anyway even if they are too close to the side wall etc.

Off of shire ? ;)

+1 get some decent tyres unless your one for skidding?

Fronts & they look like new :thumbs: WOW you should change them when they get near the wear bar & i must stop repairing them with my grifter punchure repair kit :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

..dragging up an old thread but I have the Kumho 31's on my 307 HDi 150 and on that they're brilliant. Widely reviewed as budget tyres that are better than a lot of premiums. Done 30k miles in 2 years on them and they've hardly worn at all, even the fronts which have 300+Nm of torque going through them and i do have a slightly heavy foot in that :)

They are brilliant in the rain too and one of the best things is that they are virtually silent.. and that would make a lot of difference on my new Zed as I currently have the OEM Bridgestones and they are the noisiest tyres I have ever heard! I take it this is a common prob??