Zed number 3 purchased...some questions

stuRS

Hello all,

This is getting silly now - I've just got back home after a weekend dedicated to collecting my 3rd 350z. Technically speaking it's my 1st 350z, I bought my first car back from the guy I sold it to.

Anyway!

It's on 66k miles (30K of which are Kms) and the clutch is heavy and pretty much 'on' or 'off' - so that needs doing. By the looks of things, I can buy the clutch itself for under £300, but labour is the killer. Can anyone recommend somewhere in the South-West (Poole) to get the clutch changed?

I've also been looking at getting it Uprev'd (think that's right). It's an import so has the 112mph limit, also, it's got a JWT pop charger and will shortly have a scorpion exhaust too, so figured I should get the ECU done to sort everything out.

I was planning on using Abbey for the limit and dyno time, does anyone know if they'd do the clutch too? I've heard they're really good.

After selling my UK GT in Feb I've not been posting, so pleased to be back. Got a real bargain on the car (£6800!) so got some money in the pot to sort it out.

Stu

Are you sure it hasnt had an uprated/paddle clutch fitted since you had it, they are notorious for being heavy and very hard to slip so feel like they are on / off.

If the clutch was on its way out it would be the opposite and slipping.

Are you sure it hasnt had an uprated/paddle clutch fitted since you had it, they are notorious for being heavy and very hard to slip so feel like they are on / off.

If the clutch was on its way out it would be the opposite and slipping.

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly but how should the 350's clutch be? as mine is a bit on/off switch too and it's very heavy! Thing is though this is my first petrol car and I usually only drive vans, 4x4's or an automatic dodge ram. the van clutches are spongy as anything so I can't tell if my 350's clutch is on it's way out, normal or what.. :headhurt:

They are naturally heavy compared to say a van. I find mine spot on, but one of my previous cars had a 2 puk paddle clutch so was literally on and off with nothing in between what so ever, so the 350z is a welcome change :lol:

Sure its fine, if its not slipping and the biting point isn't right at the top then you have nothing to worry about really

CMR - that's good news for me, I've done about 450 miles since I picked it up and I think mine's fine. It's stiff, but it's not slipping at all and the clutch starts to engauge about 1/2 way on pedal.

A kind local forum member has offered to test mine to see how it compares to his, good plan I rekon.

On a side note, loving having some power again. I think I got a real bargain. Picture is me and my friend on the race, I mean drive home!

73863_453485714638_510269638_5586042_4807366_n.jpg

Easy way to check for clutch slippage is get the car to 40mph, stick it in 6th and floor it! If it meanders along like it should until it reaches respectible revs, then it's fine. If the revs rise disproportionately to the speed, it's knackered. E.g. when you boot it in 6th and it's worn, it's almost like you're slightly slipping the clutch when accellerating.