Toyo tyres

_BR1TT0N_

Hi guys, need some tyres on my zed just for the winter until I get some new wheels early next year. I got a jdm zed with the 17" rims on. Current tyres are 225/60/r17 reo50 bridgestones. Looking for a cheaper set of tyres cos these need replacing now and not going to keep the wheels long. What do ya think of the toyo tyres in general Or any recomendations. Also do I have to have runflats? Not sure what it all means. Been looking at some toyo tyres 225/45/r17. Would rather the 45 profile rather than the 50 too. Please help? Lol seems a waste spending £160 a corner for a few

months and then getting rid.

Had toyos r1s and px4's aaages back on the ctr, were great in the dry with no real feeling through them (very soft sidewall), not so good in the wet. Don't see why you'd need runflats either?

225/60 sounds way out on any axle? Stock sizes are 225/45 and 245/45 on 18"s.

Yeah, 350z wiki says 225/50 r17 and 235/50 r17.

Shame falken fk452s don't come in that size, aren't uniroyal supposed to be reasonable?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... s555p60682

Sorry yer I meant 225/50/r17 and 235 on the rear. Really not sure what to put on there. Just don't want to spend loads for just a few months. I said runflats because seems when I speak to garages they always say runflats for it as it's performance car? Dont mean anything to me lol could I change the sizes of tyres to get falken ones or something? Thanks for the quick reply!

I switched the Bridgie RE040's off my RX8 (before they actually killed me) for Toyo Proxis T1 (I think???) and they were in my humble.......ace.

I lost the jacksie on the RX so many times with the RE040's and never lost it once with the Toyos.

I switched the Bridgie RE040's off my RX8 (before they actually killed me) for Toyo Proxis T1 (I think???) and they were in my humble.......ace.

I lost the jacksie on the RX so many times with the RE040's and never lost it once with the Toyos.

RE050's are very much a different kettle of fish, IMHO both toyos and bridgestones re040's aren't brilliant in the wet.

RE050's are very much a different kettle of fish, IMHO both toyos and bridgestones re040's aren't brilliant in the wet.

In fairness your probably right. The RX8 was a very different animal to the Zed and anything was an improvement on those Bridgies! The Toyo's never gave me any trouble but then I was only putting 190bhp through them

thats great thanks guys! one last question tho. when it says 225/50/r17 98y. i know the y is the speed rating. the 98 is the load index or something? what load index can i have on the zed? because loads of tyres tend to say 91 and 94. are these okay? why are the standard tyres so high at 98 which means i cant find any the same lol