Re-Map

garygttdi

Induction Kit KN 57-6013, Fujitsubu exhaust, as far as mods are concerned I agree doing something with the Plenum may be useful. Was really looking at sharpening the car up rather than just more houses but that would be a bonus. Find it odd that these engines struggle to give up power. My Subaru would just go on giving HP for a moderately small investment.

However getting it to spin up the revs a bit easier would be a vast improvement

I have lived to learn that getting power out of the car N/A is a nightmare.... FI is to be honest the only sure way of getting there quickly.

Don't forget although you are bound to have lost a few ponies along the way, so you are probably looking at getting some serious add-ons which cost bucks to reach the 300bhp mark.

To achieve 300bhp on my 296 model (which sounds daft to gain 4bhp) with pony losses (16bhp) I had to install the following:

Motordyne XYZ Pipe

De-cats

Plenum Spacer

Air Induction (whether this gained or lost power is another question).

Nitrous at 25 shot has given me around the 331bhp mark

Nitrous at 75 shot has given 362bhp hubs were producing 309.7hhp

If you want to tighten the car up - the Uprev is probably your best money spent.

I have lived to learn that getting power out of the car N/A is a nightmare.... FI is to be honest the only sure way of getting there quickly.

Don't forget although you are bound to have lost a few ponies along the way, so you are probably looking at getting some serious add-ons which cost bucks to reach the 300bhp mark.

To achieve 300bhp on my 296 model (which sounds daft to gain 4bhp) with pony losses (16bhp) I had to install the following:

Motordyne XYZ Pipe

De-cats

Plenum Spacer

Air Induction (whether this gained or lost power is another question).

Nitrous at 25 shot has given me around the 331bhp mark

Nitrous at 75 shot has given 362bhp hubs were producing 309.7hhp

If you want to tighten the car up - the Uprev is probably your best money spent.

I have a 276 55reg,went for art de-cats,motordyne xyz,plenum spacer & uprev,mine made 297bhp,car feels soooooo much sharper,all done by mark@abbey,imo money well spent.

I have a 276 55reg,went for art de-cats,motordyne xyz,plenum spacer & uprev,mine made 297bhp,car feels soooooo much sharper,all done by mark@abbey,imo money well spent.

Hmmmm :dry: nice figures then..... where the hell did my ponnies go, or is my Air Induction really causing the issue here??

Your car is only a year older than mine, so how the heck have I only gained 4bhp after Uprev and mods??

:snack: I'm seeing Mark on Saturday, might ask some questions.... He's mapping in my lower plenum, lets see if that gives any more beans... :bounce:

Hmmmm :dry: nice figures then..... where the hell did my ponnies go, or is my Air Induction really causing the issue here??

Your car is only a year older than mine, so how the heck have I only gained 4bhp after Uprev and mods??

:snack: I'm seeing Mark on Saturday, might ask some questions.... He's mapping in my lower plenum, lets see if that gives any more beans... :bounce:

Mark said every car returns different,some make up to 310bhp,he gave me the impression my figures were middle of the road. :thumbs:

Wasso Rev Ups never give the Power that Nissan quote.

We find the DE,s give the best gains agaisnt a Rev Up motor.

:bang:

Thanks Mark.... I was actually thinking the other day of selling up, including selling all engine mods and then with the money and savings from selling a 56 and purchasing an older import. Then the cash left over I could hmmmmm I wonder..... ;)

I should just be happy with what I've got, but it's the forums fault and now your's that I want more power!!!! :teeth:

HR motor is the way forward.......

Saw your posts recently about HR mapping, what kind of figures are you getting Mark?

As I understand, a couple of decent panel filters in the stock air boxes, say K & N, are good enough, but is any other gain dependent on changing/modifying the exhaust?

Do they tend to give the quoted 309hp standard or not?

Thanks for the input, interesting stuff... :thumbs:

Induction Kit KN 57-6013, Fujitsubu exhaust, as far as mods are concerned I agree doing something with the Plenum may be useful. Was really looking at sharpening the car up rather than just more houses but that would be a bonus. Find it odd that these engines struggle to give up power. My Subaru would just go on giving HP for a moderately small investment.

However getting it to spin up the revs a bit easier would be a vast improvement

The scooby like all turbo cars are easy to boost,na you just got a few bolt on's or rob a bank & go f1,get the plenum & map,the difference makes it worth it. :thumbs: