Ghetto Air Duct Pipe Install

evest

Well it 'aint exactly pretty, but for minimal cost less than £5) and a 10 minute job, this will hopefully give me a bit of extra cold air to the short ram:

Photo0010.jpg

Photo0011.jpg

Photo0012.jpg

Photo0013.jpg

It will require a little further modification soon where it enters the OEM airbox snorkel, as I have a CF cooling panel on the way which feeds into it. This will also have the bonus of hiding the cheapo flexi-duct pipe! :)

You don't seem to be running the pipe from the CF inlet that you cut into your bumper?

Would seem to me to make more sense to attach it directly off that surely?

Not sure the pic shows it very well - should have done a WIP photo! It does attach directly on the the CF inlet - the bit you can see through the inlet in the second pic is the inside of the pipe. I bent the wire frame of the duct to shape and snipped the corner for a snug fit - then a mix of double sided sticky pads, tie wraps and insulation tape. Hopefully this will hold up to road test - if not I'll reinforce some other way. :thumbs:

You don't seem to be running the pipe from the CF inlet that you cut into your bumper?

Would seem to me to make more sense to attach it directly off that surely?

.... It does attach directly on the the CF inlet - the bit you can see through the inlet in the second pic is the inside of the pipe.....

Ahh - I can see that now - it looked to me like it was bypassing the inlet to lower down the bumper. Might make sense to attach it to the back of the CF inlet - maybe bond it on plus tie-bind/O ring clamp.

Im experimenting with this sort of thing,but dont have the duct in the bumper,so running mine from the grille. Looks pants at the mo,but wanted to see if it worked,and it does,so in the process of making something abit better and longer term solution.