Standard Exhaust....

-Chris-

All,

My exhaust is blowing in the usual weak spot (the join between the mid pipe and back box).

It's in the garage today and hopefully they will be able to weld up the joint so i can get more life out of the exhaust before a new one.

My issue is that i want to keep the car completely standard - but a new standard exhaust is very expensive (£850 fitted from the Cats back!!)

I don't want a modified exhaust (the sound of the standard one is just right for me) and i will pay the £850 if that what it costs for a standard exhaust but are there any options i am over looking??

Thanks,

Chris

Most can be welded, but it won't last forever - mine was welded about 2 years ago (45,000 miles) and its now done 75,000 and is blowing again so needs to be replaced. I picked up a second hand back box (had also been welded but much less mileage than mine) on ebay for £50 - but you can get brand new OEM spec for much cheaper than Nissan prices.

I think £850 should get you a superior custom made system which can be made to look and sound the same, whilst weighing much less - worth considering before you fork out for the OEM set up. Plus - if you are encountering this kind of problem with OEM, as most of us have, do you really want to spend all that money on the same kit (which will have the same eventual problem)?

Good luck! :thumbs:

pm some of the traders on here...

R35LEE

ZMANALEX

CS

see if they have any lying around of put up a wanted post you can get a good condition one for alot less then that i would of thought :thumbs:

+1

Many members change their exhausts soley for more noise or a shiney look leaving their standard systems redundent

All,

My exhaust is blowing in the usual weak spot (the join between the mid pipe and back box).

It's in the garage today and hopefully they will be able to weld up the joint so i can get more life out of the exhaust before a new one.

My issue is that i want to keep the car completely standard - but a new standard exhaust is very expensive (£850 fitted from the Cats back!!)

I don't want a modified exhaust (the sound of the standard one is just right for me) and i will pay the £850 if that what it costs for a standard exhaust but are there any options i am over looking??

Thanks,

Chris

Why would you need to replace the exhaust from the cats back? Surely you'd just want the backbox if it's corroded in the join between the mid pipe and back box?

I am looking for a cat back system as the rest of the joints are in a similar nick and will be blowing soon too. While i am going to the time and cost of fitting a back box and mid pipe i may as well do the Y pipe too.

Sparky you have a PM.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris