Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Tay

This is a very weird question but have to ask.

Has anyone using this noticed that the car attracts loads of flies when parked up? I'm not talking the ones you kill that stick to the front bumper, numberplate and windscreen when driving but live ones that sit and walk all over the car.

I bought a bottle of autoglym to try it out, was using the turtle wax polish which I've used for years and found was very good in keeping the car looking shiny and when it rained the water would run straight off the car.

Since using the auto glym resin polish however I've found that the water stays on the car, it does bead and it's a nice shine after the car has been polished but the cars seams to get dirty quickly and attracts a noticeable number of flies to the paintwork. This never happened with the turtle wax polish.

As a test I washed the car but didn't bother to apply polish and there were no files. washed and polished it over the weekend for the japfest and again loads of files are attracted to the car this week.

Has anyone else who's used this brand noticed this?

I've always wondered why a herd of cows suddenly appeared on my garden after applying my Super Resin.

:lol::lol::lol:

To be honest I've always used the Super Resin. Like you say the water beads, but doesn't slide off the car - but then again gravity is going to be the main requirement in the water running off.

Smell/Fly's - nope.... I'm just wondering if your Resin is out of date??? :shrug:

I only bought it about 3 weeks ago so i hope it's not out of date.

The bottle doesn't have a best before or any other date stamped on it or the label.

I think i'll go back to using the tried and tested turtle wax when it runs out.

To be honest I have found the Resin to be spot on....

I've tried a varied number of wax's and not found them to be as effective as Autoglym. I've not yet tried any of the Dodo range... so I'm yet to explore this angle.

It also has quite a bit of silicone in it. Although that helps with the finish and beading, the water will stay. The flies bit I also noticed when I used it. Try some Poorboys SSR1 or one of their glazes as an alternative :)

Have to say that I used up the last of my super resin polish recently

and it seemed like a good product.

Having gone back to the vehicle after using the polish there were definately flies

on the car so i do think there is something in this theory

I honestly thought people would think i'm a bit mad for suggesting that the auto glym attracts flies.

So pleased that others have noticed this too. I'll give the wax a try but to be honest after a wash and polish I rcan't be bothered to give it the wax treatment too. Might try it the once to see how i get on. My neighbours already think i'm mad so nothing to lose there i suppose.

I've never seen any flies or any bug for that matter....

Bonkers? :shrug:

True - very good for getting tar off the car!

Certainly no flies on you then :p

Ive used the Super Resin Polish too and not noticed the flies, but then not looked out for it... I have noticed my cats like to lick the front bumper though :blush:

What colour is you car??

I have universal silver and I attract flies.....

........ and before you all start with the "flies round Sh1t, bee's round honey" jokes, so does my boss's silver merc and the silver car's I have seen down the road :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps darker cars do also but the flies are camouflaged :ninja:

Funnily enough I also use super resin polish :shrug:

it is silver but so was my old car and i have never noticed files all over it. It's the sheer number of them that made me notice it.

I have washed the car and not applied it and there were 0 flies on the car, only noticed it again this week (polished over the weekend)

Sorry Jim, Just had too be said. :teeth:

Dave, Dave, Dave, Now you really must stop being delusional. Can i assume you car cover is actually silver?

Ahhhhh, Thats why you youve covered your zed, because you really wanted a silver one, and its really is the best colour too have. :lol::lol:

Sorry Jim, Just had too be said. :teeth:

Dave, Dave, Dave, Now you really must stop being delusional. Can i assume you car cover is actually silver?

Ahhhhh, Thats why you youve covered your zed, because you really wanted a silver one, and its really is the best colour too have. :lol::lol:

It's being dyed blue :p

Paul, only reason it only comes in Silver is to keep the price down and also to prevent theft, i.e. it is now a :ninja: stealth Azure that looks silver and who would want to nick a run of the mill far too common silver one :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jim, I didn't mean the feathered kind ;)

Anyway back on Topic, I like the Super Resin Polish, I got a clay bar kit and it had a little tester bottle, loved it and bought a big one!

I herd you like a big one Dave ;)

Anyway back on topic..... I saw one of those autoglym clay bars (or is that bat........was it made from Pipistrelle's ) the other day.. so you recommend?

Bat, what you on about :wacko:

I was a clay bar virgin so im not the best to ask I guess but it made the car super super smooth.... B) and then the polish after looked B)

It wasn't expensive I think £15 for a blob of clay, spray gun of detailer and a little bottle of polish :thumbs: