new rear end **pics added**

mattbowey

somehow the back end kicked out and i couldnt hold it,

somehow managed to spin between 2 oncoming cars (lucky)

then bounced up onto the path on the wrong side of the road where i was stopped by a road sign,

2010-09-28001041.jpg

2010-09-28001107.jpg

rear end is fracked!

bumper and hatch

back left wheel pointing inwards too. will have a look tomorrow at what major damage there is and probably ring the insurance company.

all i can say is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a VERY lucky escape Matt - especially for the two other cars!

Take care out there folks!

true story

stayin on the road myself was an instant second to missing them, havin been victim of a head on collision myself i did everythin i could to miss them.

Don't worry about it,looks like you have enough on your plate. :thumbs:

Been on this forum long enough to know arseing about on public roads ends in tears.

speaking of plate, that fell off on the way home, damn it!

i recommend taking it v easy in the wet, like i say i have driven that road a million times before in all conditions but tonight just wasnt my night.

Don't worry about it,looks like you have enough on your plate. :thumbs:

Been on this forum long enough to know arseing about on public roads ends in tears.

Well said Wayne.

can i just say,

i wasnt arsing about.

It's a warning to others.

We all know what follows the words 'Watch this!'

It's getting colder and greasier on the roads. It's time to make sure the tyres are in tip top condition and adjust your driving style to suit the conditions.

Just not your night Matt as you say.

Lucky, unlucky, either way - sorry to see the painful pic's.

It does make you think, especially if you are driving a road you're used to.

I guess with the wheel alignment issue also - could be in for a costly repair bill, although like you say - ring that insurance bloke!!

just not my night indeed.

and just to be clear, i was not racing a kia, husky is talking sh1t as usual

tyres are new, only a few hundred miles on them, falken 452s on the rears

as for roads being greasier, learned that the hard way :doh:

shed car, yes, and to think i would have had one last week if my insurance had gotten back to me with a quote a bit quicker

Lucky, unlucky, either way - sorry to see the painful pic's.

It does make you think, especially if you are driving a road you're used to.

I guess with the wheel alignment issue also - could be in for a costly repair bill, although like you say - ring that insurance bloke!!

insurance will prob wanna right it off, which might be a decent option, took gap insurance so will get the 12 i paid for it.

might be able to get it sorted without insurance though

will see what the damage is tomorrow in the light

If it goes can I have dibs on buying my k1 back ;)

Sad day mate, I put mines of the road at the end of august. Just ain't worth the risk. What actually happened, were u hard on throttle or do you think it was the Tyres. I was just thinkin about buying the falkens as for the price of 2 pzero's for front I can get 4 falkens.

k1 is yours if the car goes neil.

ok, so rundown, came of the roundabout, was wet so straightened up before putting my foot down, changed up at about 5k, slight left bend, accelretaing, didnt have foot planted but wasnt dawdling along then the back end went out, tried to hold it, hit the curb on the left and started spinning the other way, then somehow held it enough to miss a mini coming the other way, went behind that and in front of something behind it and bounced up onto the curb where the arse end hit a road sign an stopped me.

dunno how i managed to miss the 2 cars coming the other way. my mate in the car has no idea either. just bloody glad i did.

Gutted for you mate, it looks painful.

That was my main concern about buying the Zed, I had heard they are light on the rear when it's wet. I was thinking of taking the car to a friend's field and getting the rear end out so I can learn how to correct it just in case it ever did happen. I've been driving like a granny round the roundabouts and tight corners sine I got it. haha

Ben.