ESP question.

Vale

Because i prefer it OFF obviously... :headhurt: the cars handling is already safe if you respect and understand the mechanics/balance of driving along with knowing your ability and not crossing that line.

Its a beautifuly balanced car and the over sensetive ESP (my own opinion) hinders my style of driving, hence wondering if it could be reset ?

Any ideas anyone :wacko:

You could fit a relay to turn it off as soon as the IGN comes on, but please dont come back here like many posting that you've had a bit of an accident :surrender:

It can be "oversensitive" on the track, but if you are spinning the wheels on the road and TC is kicking in means you are driving past the limit of the tyres grip, as TC only kicks in when the wheels spin, and that is no good thing in the current climate, so you may want to reconsider leaving it on for the winter.

Good idea Chris, thanks. its a bit of a messing around though aint it lol, i was just hoping it was a bit easier option but never mind.

As far as coming back here to post about an accident, i fear the other idiots on the road will cause that before i do, knocking on the door of 40 and driving high powered rear wheel drive cars most of my life i am familiar with keeping it on the black bit. I appreciate new drivers having "moments" but we are not all inexperienced as many on this forum seem to think. It pi$$es me off some what that when you ask a simple question "certain" people seem to think its their right to tell you how they know so much more about your driving style and how you should conduct yourself without actually knowing feck all about you.......

Thanks for the input alll the same matey.

Why? Its a safety device. :wacko:

I would disagree with that. It's not a safety device, it's a failsafe for when you're driving beyond either your own or the car's limit.

Cars have been around for 100 years, many with more power, worse brakes and floppier chassis than on the Zed, yet people drove those okay without the need for nannying traction control devices. It's one thing to have them on a 550bhp Ferrari which is designed to work with them to increase your speed, it's another to say they're needed on a 1.5 ton front-engined car with only 300bhp. I know you didn't exactly say that, but it's a common reaction across the board sometimes.

Well I think I know where this is heading.

I do hope the mods are watching.(yes I know you are) Could this be the first time I use the little square at the top right of each post?

My reason :-

"I have been accused of thinking that the world revolves around me, when clearly it dosen't. It revolves around the sun..... which shines out my arse ;p"

Not called for.

Think one of are lady members would say there is 'Willy :wave: ing' going on.

@ Zuguraroo or what ever, "Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone" i dissagree, obviously the one your driving on as you have made it quite clear you have no skill or personality.

And regarding having an attitude, if you jumped down off your soap box and just answered the question then all this $hite wouldnt of carried on !!! so yes, you are self richeous, your are opinionated which make you have the attitude. not me. i just asked a simple question to which i needed a simple answer, instead i got a simple mind bleating on........ :yawn:

am done too mods, delete if need be. there was only 2 informative answers among the opinions anyhow.

Dissapointed ! but sadly expected it.

@chrissss pardon me for having a sense of humor, you must be a real good laugh !