Newbie...That'll be me then.

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd introduce myself, don't have a Z at present but thinking about changing my Impreza and the Z is on the short list of cars I'm looking at...

Had a proper look round one for the first time today (both roadster and coupe) and was very impressed, not had a test drive yet but will arrange one soon. Probably be looking around 05 plate. Looking forward to picking up lots of info from this site ;)

One question (for now) can someone point me in the direction of some descent pictures of a Nismo kitted Z and is it correct that you have to specify having the kit installed before taking delivery as it's not available as a stand alone product?

Cheers

Dave

One question (for now) can someone point me in the direction of some descent pictures of a Nismo kitted Z and is it correct that you have to specify having the kit installed before taking delivery as it's not available as a stand alone product?

Cheers

Dave

:welcome: DaveB!

If your looking for a pic of a Nismo'd Zed check out my sig! If you need any more then I've got loads :teeth:;)

Nismo kit is an option that you have to choose when ordering the zed new. You can't get it done by Nissan as an aftermarket option. You can however, import original kits from the US or Japan but then you need to get it sprayed and fitted which can be tricky :headhurt:

hey dave,

ive recently joined the Z club from a 04plate scooby sti prodrive and although the Z isnt as quick and doesnt feel as quick the drive is so much more enjoyable.

ive had allot of cars inc - integra type R, rx7 twin turbo, E36 M3, E46 330 sport convert, scooby sti, z3 (abit gay i know) but i like theZ the most. dont let the badge put you off.

the power is always there due to the v6 it will pull nice in any gear where as the scooby didnt do much below 4000rpm due to turbo lag.

make sure you get plenty of test drives and keep the needle goin to red line for the amazing v6 sound and grin factor!

i dont regret it one bit.

oh and think the nismo kit looks amazing! completly transforms the car imo. you can get a nismo replica kit for £550 inc rear spoiler (EPRacing 01509 844300) and they have some1 that fits and sprays them for £300 - £400. think its the removal and fitment of the rear spoiler that they have trouble with and they also have to cut your nismo bumper to fit the original headlight washers so it does take 4-5 days.

i will post you some pics of the kit fitted 2moro

oh and forgot to say, on paper the roadster is about a second slower to 60mph (5.9 coupe - 6.8 roadster taken from autocar)

personally i didnt like the dive of the roadster it didnt feel as solid and much less grunt.

you should definatly try both thats just my opinion.

cheers

leon