Another possible owner . . .

liffy99

Hi all and great forum (almost as good as the Audi TT one I currently use :boxing: ) !

Anyway, after 3.5 years of a Mk1 TT I'm looking for something a bit bigger with 6 cylinders, so was perusing the M3s and Audi S4s but suddenly remembered the 350z (don't see that many around).

So the hunt is on to try and look at / drive one or two somewhere near Somerset (a real graveyard for finding cars for sale).

What is the 350 like - anyone else moved from a TT ? The things that have really impressed me about the TT were its sheer build quality and reasonable running costs (being Golf based). With my slightly modded 225 I see a sub 6 second 0-60, 32mpg average and a lovely torquey midrange. But it is a bit cramped for my 1.91m. And handling, even with better suspension and brakes, was never class leading.

However I'm getting ever older and the thoughts of something more along the lines of a GT rather than a hard core sports car appeal - is that a role the 350z can fill ?

So wonder what I should be looking for ? My budget (anything up to about £12-13k I guess) would suggest a 2003-2006 car (no way do I want a post tax-hike car). GT seems to be the standard and prefer Gunmetal or Orange. Am I right in thinking that there are variants like the GT4 and Anniversary which may be better but are very rare ? What are the must haves or preferred options ? I'm not after a loud exhaust (I do about 20k miles, mostly easy A road round trips of 40-140 miles) and want a bit of reasonable refinement. Oh, and is the rear strut brace removable (quickly) for the odd occasion I want to get something a bit more bulky in the boot ?

Sorry for all the questions but any pointers would be welcome (otherwise I may bite the insurance bullet and running costs and go for the M3).

Cheers

Hey Mate

Thought i would answer a few of your questions:

~You should not find it cramped at all. My dad is 6ft 6 and he fits in no problem. I am 6ft 2 and have loadsa room.

~There are two types of 350, the standard and the GT. The GT comes with those little creature comforts that make your life better such as heated seats, leather, cruise control etc....

~The GT4 is the main variant but there are others which have different paint and so on. The GT4 have a more powerful engine (which was made standard post 06).

~The cars post 06 have a nicer trim level and are generally a bit more refined.

~As far as i know it is not possible to remove the strut brace, but you will be surprised at the amount that you can fit in there.

All of this is leading up to my car (which is for sale)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=41467

Feel free to have a look.

Hope i have answered some of your questions.