BLEEDING DYI TOOL

andlid

Hello,

Read this online this evening while looking for my brake issue (spungy pedal), looks like I need to try and bleed the brakes again tomorrow before my track day :dry:

(hoping that I did not let the reservoir fluid drain to much while pumping the brakes :scare: )

Anyway, I use a little valve from halfords:

bleeding%20kit%20halfords.jpg

(GTMOTO Brake Bleeder 9.99£ in the UK (far more expensive over here for some odd reason))

NOW finally there, I found below writeup:

It's possible to make up a device to save the need for repeated opening and closing of the bleed nipple:

* Obtain a 30cm length of thick-walled hose to fit tightly over the bleed nipple

* With a very sharp instrument such as a razor blade or scalpel, cut a slit along the length of the tube about 1cm long ending about 1cm from one end of the tube

* Block that end of the tube with a screw or bolt

* Place the blocked end in a suitable receptacle such as a jam jar

* Attach the other end of the tube to the bleed nipple

Open the bleed nipple and pump the brakes slowly, keeping an eye on the brake fluid reservoir level. The slit acts as a one-way valve - when brake fluid is forced down the tube the slit opens to allow it into the jar; when the pressure is released the slit closes and no fluid or air can get back into the system. When sufficient fluid has been forced through (Audi recommend 500ml per caliper) close the bleed nipple.

1, anyone here tried that? (think I'll try it so I can bleed the two nipples at once on the brembos!)

2, can someone confirm the order of the bleeding of the brakes >

RR

LR

LF

RF

?

Here is me hoping that I've not let the reservoir gone down to much while I was bleeding the brakes :(

not with the valve stuff mate :dummy:

eh?! Its the second post in the thread from Alex :wacko:

Am I speaking japanese today, I don't understand the NSR-OSF-OSR-NSF part....

NSR = ?

OSF = ?

OSR = ?

NSF = ?

Look at the last couple of posts there and you can see my example... actually I'll post it here> Is that correct or no?

test.jpg