Will These Wheels Require Arch Work?

ryan21

Hi,

Need your help to decide which offset Varrstoen rims to order. Will the following require arch work on a standard 06 car?

19x9.5 +12 with 245/35/19 Tyres

19x10.5 +12 with 275/35/19 Tyres

Or will these be better:

19x9.5 +22(+3mm spacer) 245/35/19

19x10.5 +22 275/30/19

I've noticed that the front arch on the Zed seems to be pretty smooth anyway.

thanks

Ryan

+12 front you ll be fine even lowered.

+12 rear...ok with a 2+ degrees camber...and only just...if you want it too low with 0.5 camber lets say then think of +22

I've no idea what the camber currently is but the suspension is the standard setup.

From the responses it sounds like the front will be ok with the +12 offset and the rears will just about fit :)

thanks

Hi,

I've run 18's and 19's at similar profiles and offsets.

With above measurements I reckon you'll get rubbing on the rears when the rear springs compress under load (bumps etc).

Arch rolling is not a big job and will run this offset easily - and it will look the dogs danglies.

Hi,

I've run 18's and 19's at similar profiles and offsets.

With above measurements I reckon you'll get rubbing on the rears when the rear springs compress under load (bumps etc).

Arch rolling is not a big job and will run this offset easily - and it will look the dogs danglies.

All spot on I'd say.

Captain, you havent told us the width of your wheels - the offset doesnt make much sense without that ;)

OP, its the tyres that will cause the rubbing there rather than the wheels. I used to run a 10J ET15ish and was miles from the arch but I was using a 255/30 tyre. As others have said it will be pretty close on a 275, Id personally bite the bullet and if they need a slight roll then its not too big of a deal. :thumbs:

The +22 offsets are too high IMO.

My ongoing research has recently turned up this as well:

1246144898.jpg

19x12 ET12 with a 285/30 Hankook V12 on the rear, arches rolled and slightly pulled.