Ian Lewkowicz *UPDATE*

greeney2k1

Hey Guys

I have noticed the announcement of the sad sad news on the forum, as a close friend of Ian's I thank you all for the kind words and messages left they mean a lot. I honestly cant think of a nicer guy this could happen to and everyone is devastated by this tragic accident.

There is a meet of all of Ian's friends tonight at the Westbury Tavern in Newcastle Under Lyme and I would like to extend the invitation to you guys.

Evening is from 8pm onwards.

Westbury Tavern,

Westbury Rd,

Westbury Pk,

Clayton,

Newcastle

ST5 4JW

Screenshot2010-09-24at074108.png

Although I won't be able to attend I would like to pass on my sincere condolences, we are a very close knit community here and the forum is like mine any many others extended family, its a real tragedy and shock to lose one of our own and extremely upsetting. I just hope all affected can remember the special times they shared with Ian.

Many many thanks for the invitation

Couldn't make the meet at the Tavern.

Ian's funeral is on the 7th October. I will be taking my sister as they were good friends.

Don't suppose anyone else will be attending?

I would be there if I was in the UK mate, deepest condolences to family and friends :(

I think people should only attend if they are close friends of Ian or his passenger friend, or if asked to attend by the family.

I may suggest that any attending whom are close friends of Ian or the family, make the effort NOT to do so in their Z. Although we here know Ian best for his passion for the Z, the car could possibly be a sad reminder to the families concerned of the circumstances of why a funeral is now taking place. Just something to bear in mind. :blush::shrug:

I think people should only attend if they are close friends of Ian or his passenger friend, or if asked to attend by the family.

I may suggest that any attending whom are close friends of Ian or the family, make the effort NOT to do so in their Z. Although we here know Ian best for his passion for the Z, the car could possibly be a sad reminder to the families concerned of the circumstances of why a funeral is now taking place. Just something to bear in mind. :blush::shrug:

Yeah, been wondering about that myself.

I only Met Ian a few times but my sister and her husband were good friends.

My brother-in-law can't get the time off work, so my sister has asked if I will take her.

Problem is, my only mode of transport is the Zed.

Will it be a real fopar if I arrive in my car? :blush:

Possibly park it a distance away and walk the rest just in case. I think Chris has made a good point about the Zed. :thumbs:

My Gran and Granddad are buried at the Crem where the service is going to be. I know I can park over that way, which is kind of away from the chapel itself.

Was thinking I should do that anyway.

Possibly park it a distance away and walk the rest just in case. I think Chris has made a good point about the Zed. :thumbs:

My Gran and Granddad are buried at the Crem where the service is going to be. I know I can park over that way, which is kind of away from the chapel itself.

Was thinking I should do that anyway.

It is right you should go to support your sister, she shouldn't be alone.

My thoughts will be with everyone :(

Below are the details of Ians funeral. The club will me making a donation to the Douglas Macmillan Hospice mentioned in the link below. If you feel that you would like to make a donation in remembrance of Ian then please do so by using the information provided or alternatively you could donate to the club via paypal (stating Ian Lewkowicz) and we will only be to happy to pass it on. Please let us know if you wish to do it this way so we can clarify that its not a general donation :)

http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/6419281