Car pc for oem cubbyhole?

Neilp

Right guys I've been looking at this for a while and I'm very interested in getting a car pc(touchscreen) which i can use for data logging, music, dvd's and the ability to run Internet from my tethering on iPhone. I remember a while back nrenz was doing something based on nurrish's satnav but haven't heard anything in a while.

Has anyone got any info or able to build something like this?

Info on prices also.

Cheers

Yep I've seen some in region of 500. Getting software isn't a problem as most of it's freely available or I have licenses already. It's just trying to find the initial unit to fit and be able to run obdII on it.

Nurrish were u running obdII and did u have the capability of playing DVDs etc? Sorry can't view video as I'm a work.

Cheers lads

Yep I've seen some in region of 500. Getting software isn't a problem as most of it's freely available or I have licenses already. It's just trying to find the initial unit to fit and be able to run obdII on it.

Nurrish were u running obdII and did u have the capability of playing DVDs etc? Sorry can't view video as I'm a work.

Cheers lads

Yeah full odb2....i didn't bother with a drive as i had a memory stick to load on files

Very nice man I might do similar. Any chance u could pm me and recommend a screen and base unit? I'm a bit numb to it and ur the pro lol. I take it it's easy enough to get a hold of the correct transformers to run the base unit in the car? Just when you get a minute.

Cheers once again

I started to look into making one, i built myself a base unit along with the obd2 lead, bluetooth, wireless, gps unit etc. I never got round to buying the touchscreen. The base unit was just about ready to put into the car it just needed a car power supply.

I might be interested in selling it as its just gathering dust.