Spacer help needed please

dyla350z

My wheel set up is standard 18'ray with falken 245/45&225/45,ive put 25mm eibach pro's on the back and 20mm on the front,though it looks great it handles like my old 2.8 capri,steering is dead,back end starts to skip out,tc light comes on lots more than it use to & when cornering near but not on the limit a couple of times its rubbed,ive seen the great spacer post but to me it seems worse than posted,my quest is would it improve things much if i sold the back 25mm&put the front 20mm on the back & bought some 10mm for the front?or do i give up on them,they do look great but for me i get greater thrill of driving it than looking at it, all input greatly appreciated.

I have same set up 25/20. Never had any issues at all. Are the spacer nuts TIGHT? They need to be checked after a week or so to ensure tigtness.

Whats your driving style like, Sound like you hammer it when going round corners. My TC light has never come on, donr know if thats a good or bad thing, but I do give her some beans round

corners sometimes.. :lol:

had 20mm front and rear with the rays and never had any issues. and i am always hammering it.

the difference between my 19s now and 20mm spacers compared to the rays without spacers is quite a bit. tested on the track.

19s with 20mm spacers and 050As 1.30+ mins, rays without spacers and 888s 1.20+mins at donington national circuit.

had 20mm front and rear with the rays and never had any issues. and i am always hammering it.

the difference between my 19s now and 20mm spacers compared to the rays without spacers is quite a bit. tested on the track.

19s with 20mm spacers and 050As 1.30+ mins, rays without spacers and 888s 1.20+mins at donington national circuit.

Lol your 19's didn't slow you down that much on knockhill :lol:

without spacers my tc does come on sometimes,falkens all round,just been out and the handling does not seem so bad,bought the rays with good 2nd hand falkens on,as i think they had been off the moter for a while they just needed bedding in,the steering however still feels dead & not so responsive,ive decided to put the 20mm on the back,sell the 25mm and buy some 15mm for the front,cars going into abbey soon so may be an idea for them to check out my suspension,thanks for everyones help & input :thumbs::thumbs: Ps anybody want to swap 25mm for 15mm?

did a tester at donington park....over 10secs a lap from rays/888s no spacers to 19"/050As/20mm spacers. average from 1min 20-23 secs to 1min 30-35secs. they proper kill the car!!!

did a tester at donington park....over 10secs a lap from rays/888s no spacers to 19"/050As/20mm spacers. average from 1min 20-23 secs to 1min 30-35secs. they proper kill the car!!!

My lmgt4 19's felt ok on the track, probs because I'm not fast enough yet to feel it the difference lol. There's alot more drag from wider wheels aswell compared to the smaller rays.

They did need bedding in as they have hardly done any miles ;) I honestly did not find the spacers alot different to not running them. And also i never had any rubbing at all with them. I am sorry ( he bought the wheels and spacers off me ) feel quite bad! Hope it gets sorted for you :thumbs:

Dont be sorry,it was a great deal,wheels look pukka on moter & i love the look of the moter with spacers,will mms you,going to put the 20mm on back and get 15mm for the front.