Credit Card Question ...

ChrisUUC

Could be an obvious answer but just wanted to ask.

Ive recently signed up for a good deal in Marks and Spencer for their credit card ... 10 months 0% on all purchases and 6 months 0% on all bank transfers.

Question I have is if you use the credit card on paypal to pay for second hand goods from a user, lets say on here, is that classed under purchases and therefore will be classed under the 0% interest?

Thanks for any help, I know this applys to new goods but just wanted to see if used through paypal will this be still classed under their purchases.

Many thanks, Chris

It will be classed as a purchase transaction. This is a loophole many people use to get cash off their card on a promotional interest rate. They effectively pay into their own paypal account and then move the money into the current account less paypal fees. This can be a pretty efficient way of getting a cheap short-term loan.

Using a credit card to pay for goods via paypal incurrs a 3% transaction fee through Paypal i think, but will be treated as 0% on your card.

my barclaycard is linked to paypal to pay for stuff and i've never been charged a fee.

Using a credit card to pay for goods via paypal incurrs a 3% transaction fee through Paypal i think, but will be treated as 0% on your card.

my barclaycard is linked to paypal to pay for stuff and i've never been charged a fee.

I always use my Mastercard to pay for all my purchases via Paypal and I've never been charged a fee either ...

:wacko:

I think its only if you pay an individual with a credit card. If you pay a registered company with one then theres no charge

bought stuff from individuals too. The final price is always the amount that appears on my credit card statement.

It's free* when you use your PayPal balance or your bank account linked to your PayPal account. There is a charge of

3.4% + £0.20 GBP*

for debit or credit card payments

(either the sender or recipient can pay this fee).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... splay-fees

getting a little off the original topic but heh...

When i pay for something using paypal , I use my paypal account (it is linked to my bank account) but my barclaycard always shows the paypal charge. I can honestly say that it's never been more than the final fee on ebay. Even if my paypal account has money in, I don't recall ever seeing an option to use my paypal balance or charge to my card (it always charges my card like it's a default option or something)

When i sell something the paypal account gets the credit and the final fee is always more than what ends up in my paypal account (I think they charge at this point) When I transfer a balance I can't remember if they charge or not.