Exhausts doing my head in.......Help!

Zugara

Expert help and advice needed please.

After trawling the internet for some time, i have become fed up looking for a Y pipe as they are either outta stock, or in stock within 6 weeks......yada yada yada...

Any way, i have found this on flebay and was considering buying it, but would like some input from the experts as to whether its a good system or sh1t......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-350Z-HKS-S ... 2eafc3dc44

Many thanks chaps, :thumbs:

or if someone has an exhaust for sale please PM me, dont want a K1 though. :lol:

others have fitted them, think there might be some minor alterations need to be made in order to make it fit, but can;t for the life of me remember what they were. they do go on though, and i like the look of them. i think taddy had one. just because its a copy doesn't mean it wont work properly.

worst case senario you need to have a pipe rewelded in a couple of years time as its blown a weld. total ouput would be about £30 to fix it.

I can't moment on wether this is a good buy or not but "HKS style" tells me it's a copy. Reliability, performance questions to be asked. I personally would go branded for that added warranty on the item? That's my thoughts.

others have fitted them, think there might be some minor alterations need to be made in order to make it fit, but can;t for the life of me remember what they were. they do go on though, and i like the look of them. i think taddy had one. just because its a copy doesn't mean it wont work properly.

worst case senario you need to have a pipe rewelded in a couple of years time as its blown a weld. total ouput would be about £30 to fix it.

They must seem confident in the product, they are offering........Lifetime Guarantee!

They must seem confident in the product, they are offering........Lifetime Guarantee!

not everything thats a copy is built of paper and a piece of crap.

have a search on here for HKS copies, a few have already fitted them and are very happy. most likely are those who have had bumper tucks.

I could be wrong but I think you have to do something to the uk cars diffs cooling fins. I think but I could be wrong. Sweet exhaust.

i know that was an issue with some exhausts thought that was the k1, but yes you have to shave a little off the cooling fins so that the 2 don't rub.

not everything thats a copy is built of paper and a piece of crap.

I realise that, just something you dont see offered often.... :surrender:

If it's a HKS copy or original it will need the diff fins grinding down to fit.

correct both the real HKS system and the copy are designed for non uk cars and require alterations. I had a HKS copy on my car but it wasn't the same copy as the one the op has shown. I loved mine once it was finaly fitted lol but it didn't last long i had it on for about 18months before one of the baffles came loose in the back box and made me sound like ide got a ton can full of coins under my car! :bang:

If i was to buy again i would deffo go down the buddyclub route top quality exhaust with perfect fitment, proper warranty and a name youve heard of at a great price for a complete system. Why more people dont have them i dont know.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Buddy-Club-Pro-Sp ... 518ea82776

buddy club is very good, completely agree with you taddy.

hadn't realised yours hadn't been great.

i'd say go original then or find something else.

even the original HKS will need the same alterations which is a real headache, but at least it should last longer ;)

I was thinking about the HKS system but when Adam at Z1 told me it would need the diff grinding it put me off.

Yep, thats me out. Dont want some oik cutting me diff....no way.

Cheers chaps, the search continues.

Buddy one is a tad outta my price range.

Are you talking about the HKS HiPower True Dual? If so, there's a UK version and a US/JDM version. The UK version is designed to fit straight on.

The UK version is 32009-AN002. The US (and I assume JDM) version is 32009-BN001 - this requires modification to fit UKDM cars. I confirmed this with HKS Europe earlier this year when I was shopping for a new exhaust.

The HKS replica system linked to above is 2.25" diameter, which is the same as standard.

Are you talking about the HKS HiPower True Dual? If so, there's a UK version and a US/JDM version. The UK version is designed to fit straight on.

The UK version is 32009-AN002. The US (and I assume JDM) version is 32009-BN001 - this requires modification to fit UKDM cars. I confirmed this with HKS Europe earlier this year when I was shopping for a new exhaust.

The HKS replica system linked to above is 2.25" diameter, which is the same as standard.

interesting thanks for that :thumbs:

my copy didn't require any of the diff cutting, just the exhaust its self needed altering. ;)

interesting thanks for that :thumbs:

my copy didn't require any of the diff cutting, just the exhaust its self needed altering. ;)

Yeah, i think i am going to go with that exhaust after speaking to the suppliers, they are more than happy to modify the exhaust at their outlet instead of cutting fins off the diff. Also they have offered free fitting and 25 quid for me to drive down there to have the exhaust fitted. Sweet..... :teeth:

What does yours sound like?