Godddaaaaamn Speed Camera Vans!

kennyc

I think I might have just been nabbed by a speed camera fund raising van. Coming onto a dual carriageway I floored it, round the bend was a camera van , as soon as I saw it I braked hard but was it enough :headhurt: ? Do they take spot speeds or is it averaged?!?!

Just watching the news: some geezers are taking police to European Court of Human Rights because saying who was driving denies them the right to remain silent!

I think I might have just been nabbed by a speed camera fund raising van. Coming onto a dual carriageway I floored it, round the bend was a camera van , as soon as I saw it I braked hard but was it enough :headhurt: ? Do they take spot speeds or is it averaged?!?!

Just watching the news: some geezers are taking police to European Court of Human Rights because saying who was driving denies them the right to remain silent!

I hope they b**dy win!! This will be the third time, the last was around midnight on a (almost) deserted M25! I am so sick of these cameras!!

I hope they b**dy win!! This will be the third time, the last was around midnight on a (almost) deserted M25! I am so sick of these cameras!!

One of the prettiest things I ever saw was a Ferrari F355 and Lamborghini Diablo flying around the south west corner of the M25 one night at about 1 am. Clearly not fussed, the two of them were on the far (far!) side of a ton and setting off all the cameras as they went. So pretty seeing them flash in the distance!! :D

I hope they win too mate and nothing comes through. :thumbs:

When this happened to me I got a letter..... :thumbdown:

Normally if you've seen them the gun has seen you and if it's over the limit for anytime at all I think they add it to the list. Only one I've not been able to get off too. :blush:

www.speedtrapbible.co.uk - know your rights!! ;)

Link doesn't work :blush:

I have heard that you can say that a family member from another country borrowed your car and they have now gone back home!

I also heard that if the letter is not sent registered post then you can claim to have never received the letter and therefore they have not informed you of intention to prosecute within the 14 days that they need to?

Anyone else know of anyways to get away with it?

Normally if you've seen them the gun has seen you and if it's over the limit for anytime at all I think they add it to the list. Only one I've not been able to get off too. :blush:

I have heard that you can say that a family member from another country borrowed your car and they have now gone back home!

I also heard that if the letter is not sent registered post then you can claim to have never received the letter and therefore they have not informed you of intention to prosecute within the 14 days that they need to?

My bad - see Neo's link.

Like the idea of a foreign relative - how would you prove insurance??

Also like the idea of the registered post, did it work Sarnie??

I don't know of any other ways with cameras except I think that when you turn from one road with one speed limit, inot another with a different limit, there has to be a sign within a certain distance of the junction telling you so (or something along those lines). Ming???

I know loads for being pulled over.......!! :blush:

Like the idea of a foreign relative - how would you prove insurance??

Also like the idea of the registered post, did it work Sarnie??

I've not tried either yet but I do know that when my mate got done his letter came normal post. How can it be proved when it arrived if its not sent registered post?

So the pepipoo PACE argument really does work? Were you getting threatening letters from "them" after you returned the unsigned NIP?

Yes, it does work, and yes, lots of threatening letters. Expect them to try every trick in the book. Ignore everything, and it all goes away in the end ;)

There's a test case on atm - about the legality of forcing people to sign the NIP (if you do, it is a signed confession, if you don't, plod will have you under s172 - failing to ID the driver when asked to do so). I think there's another around the PACE letter itself. Pepipoo will have the details - haven't looked for a while.