Help needed!!!!!

Ruddles

Guys I need your wisdom!

I had to take a different route to work this morning as the usual way is closed due to roadworks (new tarmac :teeth: ) On this new and adventureous route I happened to find out that it was S**t and couldn't even be called a B road! I caught the front bumper 'under-trim' fine it's rubber, carried along and suddenly 'SMACK'! massive noise from underneath the car :scare: . I haven't managed to get a good look under there, but there's no oil or dripping of any substance. I'm thinking it may have just possibly been the exhaust connection. I don't know if I have damaged it, any thoughts on this at least?

Get under and look or far better get it on a ramp to check (local exhaust place?).

No-one will know otherwise ;)

I'm going straight to my local garage after work to check it out, just hope I can get out of work as they've stripped the road's top surface :angry: today's a nightmare!!!

Could be the under tray?

I hope it's just bashed it with no damage :dry: who builds a road that curves like up in the middle...the sideways speedbump! :shrug:

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on parts but there's a v shaped length of metal running the width of the front end. I done a similar thing on a "B" road and caught that part. One hell of a bang and it just scratched the metal. I wouldn't mind betting that it's the same thing. Have a look :thumbs:

I hope you're right, was one hell of a bang! :blush: ...brought back 'naam!... :lol:

Haven't managed to have a look tonight, garage had another car sat on the ramp so I'll be popping over mid afternoon tomorrow to check it out. :thumbs:

p.s. on a side question here; I'll be picking up my old OEM exhaust from the garage too and cleaning it up for sale along with the OEM shocks. Question is are the OEM shocks safe for re-sale eg. to stick on here /ebay? I'm getting rid of a list of things to raise some money! :D