Brake Judder

Cragus

Hi guys,

Firstly I only use my z for spirited road use and have no intention to track it. I therefore opted for

- EBC Turbo grooved discs, Ferodo DS2500s, Motul RBF600 Fluid and HEL braided brake lines.

I have only covered around 1000 miles since these were fitted. The standard breaking in procedure was used. However, I am experiencing brake judder at higher speeds so I contacted EBC and explained this to them.

They asked me to contact them (so I did) and they explained that it was a fitting issue and I need my discs skimmed stating also 'that there is no such thing as a warped disc'. He said it was relatively cheap to have discs skimmed but I phoned the garage and they want £200 for all four corners! :headhurt:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Craig

Hi guys,

Firstly I only use my z for spirited road use and have no intention to track it. I therefore opted for

- EBC Turbo grooved discs, Ferodo DS2500s, Motul RBF600 Fluid and HEL braided brake lines.

I have only covered around 1000 miles since these were fitted. The standard breaking in procedure was used. However, I am experiencing brake judder at higher speeds so I contacted EBC and explained this to them.

They asked me to contact them (so I did) and they explained that it was a fitting issue and I need my discs skimmed stating also 'that there is no such thing as a warped disc'. He said it was relatively cheap to have discs skimmed but I phoned the garage and they want £200 for all four corners! :headhurt:

Craig

Sounds like you have pad deposit on your rotor Craig.

These pad footprints could well be the cause of your issues.

Give them another good bed in on a quiet open road.

Failing that there may be a foreign body got in between the hub face and the rear of the rotor at install. It does not take much, a small sliver of rust particle has been known to cause this.

Failing that, throw the EBC rotors in the bin and fit Performance Friction. ;)

I knew you would there to give me some sound advice ZMANALEX

......and to tell me to rip them off and get some performance friction rotors :lol:

I will ask the garage to check the rear of the discs and hubs when I have the car serviced....going to give it a big service in the coming weeks anyway. Failing that bed in again. Failing that.....selling it! :lol:

Thats andlid - thats the procedure I used.

I knew you would there to give me some sound advice ZMANALEX

......and to tell me to rip them off and get some performance friction rotors :lol:

I will ask the garage to check the rear of the discs and hubs when I have the car serviced....going to give it a big service in the coming weeks anyway. Failing that bed in again. Failing that.....selling it! :lol:

Thats andlid - thats the procedure I used.

You would have to remove the rotors to inspect for foreign bodies so carry out the rebedding procedure first, to burn off any pad deposits that you have put there with sitting with your foot on the brake when pads are hot. ;)

Hi guys,

Craig

I have this as well. Same discs except I have Yellowstuff pads. I'd be keen to know the outcome of this as its been a serious annoyance............

Had the same prob with the brembos after a single track day, ebc turbo grooves on track or not, not so much dba 4200s or smth but they didnt last long anyway, dixcels really bad at times but ok after a track day and even performance friction when brand new.

alex was right about the pad deposits since end of the track day we did at knockhill they where fine.

you can always remove them and go over them with thin sand paper and break cleaning spray. then bed in again. should be fine.