Why should i??

Dallan

Stop looking and just buy the Z!!

FINE!! - will buy one this weekend.....

DONE!

- For the M3, people will look at you and think "drug dealer":teeth:

I am driving an Xreg 520 :scare:

do you park in multistoreys or the back of the cinema?

Stop looking and just buy the Z!!

FINE!! - will buy one this weekend.....

DONE!

- For the M3, people will look at you and think "drug dealer":teeth:

I am driving an Xreg 520 :scare:

As long as its not a personalized plate, you'll probably get away with it.

My view is they are all good :thumbs: I have had a 172 cup and had a blast with a clio v6 and to be honest there really is not much in it. They do look really cool though. I also had a 330m sport and looked into getting a m3. They are faster and handle better than a zed ( in my view) but they look boring and for the same money you can get alot newer zed. The zed has bits of both cars i feel. It gets looks where ever it goes , handles very well and you get alot of car for your money.........thats why i bought one :lol:

I have to say i think the 350z has more class than the others... i see a BMW and usually a tit is driving it like an ***-hole!

Despite it being a Nissan it still has more class than a BMW, of-course that's my own opinion and people will probably hate that I just said alot of ***holes drive BMW's although they are good cars and well built...

I'm not sure I agree with you there.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=216978

Still, fixed it with a bit of silicone :p

Hello Dallan,

can't think of one reason why you would get a clio V6 instead of a 350Z apart from the quirkiness factor. You've had a clio V6 before so you know what they are like. The 350Z is faster and better to drive than the clio and I expect more reliable.

This will be unpopular on this site but I don't think you can really compare a 350Z to an E46 M3. The M3 is a class above the 350Z in all situations. Its much faster, handles better, has a better ride, is better quality, has better fuel economy, has rear seats, a useable boot and although the brakes are sometimes said to be a weak point they are still better than the UK brembos on my car. Accordingly it also costs a F*$K load more to run than the 350Z. This is not putting any shame on the 350Z. It cost around £26k new compared to £44k for the M3. I'd say the 350Z is brilliant for a £26k car. I also think the M3 is brilliant for a £44k car.

Having gone from the M3 to the 350Z its not something I would do for anything apart from financial reasons.

Lots of people have the argument that the M3 looks boring, but this is the point, its not supposed to be bling. Also if you like the M3s I'd draw your attention to the Z4M coupes, excellent cars and more interesting to look at.

On the other hand at its price point the 350Z makes an excellent case for itself. I think you need to decide what money you are prepared to put into running the car and then it will be easier to make a decision.

All of those cars are 'good' cars so you can't really make a mistake whichever you go for as long as you can afford to run it.

Mike

Hello Dallan,

can't think of one reason why you would get a clio V6 instead of a 350Z apart from the quirkiness factor. You've had a clio V6 before so you know what they are like. The 350Z is faster and better to drive than the clio and I expect more reliable.

This will be unpopular on this site but I don't think you can really compare a 350Z to an E46 M3. The M3 is a class above the 350Z in all situations. Its much faster, handles better, has a better ride, is better quality, has better fuel economy, has rear seats, a useable boot and although the brakes are sometimes said to be a weak point they are still better than the UK brembos on my car. Accordingly it also costs a F*$K load more to run than the 350Z. This is not putting any shame on the 350Z. It cost around £26k new compared to £44k for the M3. I'd say the 350Z is brilliant for a £26k car. I also think the M3 is brilliant for a £44k car.

Having gone from the M3 to the 350Z its not something I would do for anything apart from financial reasons.

Lots of people have the argument that the M3 looks boring, but this is the point, its not supposed to be bling. Also if you like the M3s I'd draw your attention to the Z4M coupes, excellent cars and more interesting to look at.

On the other hand at its price point the 350Z makes an excellent case for itself. I think you need to decide what money you are prepared to put into running the car and then it will be easier to make a decision.

All of those cars are 'good' cars so you can't really make a mistake whichever you go for as long as you can afford to run it.

Mike

I found the M3 to be a compromise for all roundedness. It's faster, but it doesn't feel as involved and it's horrible to drive slowly. I did like the raspy exhaust for a while, but then started to loath it.

For me it always felt like an autobahn cruiser rather than a b road car. It is a big heavy saloon at the end of the day.

It just didn't tick my boxes, but then it may well work for others.

Hello Dallan,

Mike

I found the M3 to be a compromise for all roundedness. It's faster, but it doesn't feel as involved and it's horrible to drive slowly. I did like the raspy exhaust for a while, but then started to loath it.

For me it always felt like an autobahn cruiser rather than a b road car. It is a big heavy saloon at the end of the day.

It just didn't tick my boxes, but then it may well work for others.

I know what you mean but when you start to explore its limits on track you realise what they have achieved with the car. Its what they were aiming for, relaxed when cruising, but when you start to push it then it comes alive. I also agree its not as easy to drive slowly as the 350z but this is the case with all cars that are starting to be capable of 170+ mph. If you drive a 330i for instance its much easier round town. The controls need to work at high speed well. Weight wise its hardly any different to the 350Z, not so it would make a massive difference.

Its the same in my other car, you can get 50 mph in first at around 6300 rpm. It also idles at 1500 rpm whilst warming up so using it in rush hour traffic means I have to slip the clutch nearly all the time in stop start traffic. However a shorter ratio would just be unusable under full throttle.

Fair enough if you didn't like the M3, it is objectively a great car but only you will know if its for you or not. Not everybody wants the same thing from a car, or uses it for the same type of driving. I'm not 350Z bashing here, its not fair to objectively compare to a car nearly twice the price. Its sort of like comparing the M3 with a GTR, the GTR is much better, but its a class (or 2) above and priced accordingly.

It was... an interesting proposition on track. At brands I felt the brakes were pretty not good at all.

You do have to turn off the silly nannying esp though to have fun imho.

The main reason it's so bleedingly awful around town/slow driving is the completely unnecessary clutch delay valve. Means you just jerk around everywhere even with perfectly smooth shifts.

I felt much, much more body roll in the M3.

It is a great all rounder, but I found it tries to be too many things to too many people. I'd prefer an unrefined, louder, more involved car with less body roll and less weight, i.e the csl :D

Either that or I'd have something like a vette in the same category (price wise, I think) :D