Plenum Polishing...

djrm

I know there is a post all about this somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me...

All I wanted to know is what tools do I need in order to polish mine up and how do I go about it? And while I'm there, what about polishing the standard strut brace in the engine bay? :D

Thanks!

Ryan B)

I know there is a post all about this somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me...

All I wanted to know is what tools do I need in order to polish mine up and how do I go about it? And while I'm there, what about polishing the standard strut brace in the engine bay? :D

Thanks!

Ryan B)

I think Husky polished his strut brace ........ check out his recent posts

Thanks!

Ryan B)

I think Husky polished his strut brace ........ check out his recent posts

have a think about that suggestion :lol: :lol:

needle

heystack

;)

So that guide on plenum polishing, sanding etc... That should also work with the strut brace correct??

I think Husky polished his strut brace

:blink:

Well,

yes and no

yes of course its a bit of metal and can be polished... however it is not stainless so will rust really REALLY easily. So you need to coat it with laquer, i haven't had the chance to get mine to a painters yet.

An interesting idea would be to polish the inside of the plenum. Would there be flow benefits?? (Lower pressure drops etc)

I know some people deliberatley leave inlets unpoilshed to promote turbulence for fuel mixing.

Opinions?