Brake help needed,what to fit

Markus22

Hi,

My jdm has crap brakes the front disks do not wear even? the insides more than the out and they judder like mad there knackered

So i decided to have fitted a BBK [K sport 330mm 8 pot]problem is the brakes fit the car but the wheels will not fit on[20in 3 piece ] :bangin:they would need 15-20mm spacers to be made to fit but then would not go under the arches. as BBK calipers all appear to be bigger were do i go from here?

are standard uk brembos bigger than JDM callipers? particularly in width which is the problem,are brembo disks the same thickness.Don't want to change wheels

Help is much appreciated

:headhurt: that looks very tight with the JDMs on, my 17" standard Z wheels clear the brembos but its mm fitting. Not sure re yours since they look tight, is it little clearance on the rears too? Id sell whatever you have and get a set of nice Rays instead :teeth:

Hi,

Thanks for the input ,the rears have about 25mm of clearance for some reason even though they have bigger dish,getting rid of the wheels is not a viable option really as i would still have crap brakes .

What exact wheels are they mate? Not sure you'll be able to sort it without swapping the wheels out then, maybe you can use another option and upgrade the pads and disc to something better? I can see you're using yellowstuff, is that with standard discs? Maybe get braided lines and better pads and discs and new fluid ... not sure whats really out there for the JDM calipers I used yellowstuff and they faided very quickly on track. Keeping air at them is key though, I'm trying to figure out how to make some airducts to my fronts at the moment so if you got any tips let me know :blush:

Hi mate, dont know if this helps, but tomorrow im taking off my brembo set up with DBA discs and Feroddo pads. If your interested then im selling the lot for £950 + postage and also painted in any colour you want, Or if you want to take them the colour they are dark red then ill do them for £850 + postage :thumbs:

Paul

020.jpg

Hi ,

Thanks for the offer Paul if i knew that they would fit behind the wheels,Lowenhart LD5's i'd snatch them up I'd have to try to fit them on a standard brembo set up to see any body live near Sheffield so i can try.nice wheels by the way.

The disks are Turbogroves but as i said the inner side of the disks are a lot more worn than the outer and appear to be sticking by the colour of them so i assume that the callipers are Kaput so new disks would not really help? can the jdm callipers be repaired

Thanks Mark

Hi,

Been looking at the dealers on here and i see that MW Tech Racing sells hub concentric spacers with flush fitting nuts ?that saves fitting longer bolts ,this would enable a BBK or indeed a standard brembo kit to fit. but how close can i get to the wings with the tyres so they do not catch.245/40/20 fitted? on the front.

mark

maybe your caliper only need a bit of a clean? take it off and clean the cylinders with brakefluid I normally use a 100% cottong tshirt piece thats done its time on me :D

if your unlucky they might have seized on one side so you might need to use air to pop them out or what I do is normally use a piece of wood and while still connected to the brake line brake the car and force out any seizure. If you're even more unlucky the fluid might be rotten and as a result they've made the rings melt or stuck onto the cylinders and when you try and work these out they break. I'd pick up a repair kit for it before I got started anyway.

Hi ,

Thanks for the offer Paul if i knew that they would fit behind the wheels,Lowenhart LD5's i'd snatch them up I'd have to try to fit them on a standard brembo set up to see any body live near Sheffield so i can try.nice wheels by the way.

The disks are Turbogroves but as i said the inner side of the disks are a lot more worn than the outer and appear to be sticking by the colour of them so i assume that the callipers are Kaput so new disks would not really help? can the jdm callipers be repaired

Thanks Mark

Get in touch with Zmanalex or just alex m8. and remove the dust covers from your disks. everybody on the forum knows i v got a thing destroying disks and calipers. turbogroves are just ok. only just :)