Disaster recovery DIY Style "Pic Heavy"

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

So its Japfest on Sunday and I don't want to let the club down by my Zed looking shabby...

A few weeks back I went over a small hump back bridge, probably a bit too fast but didnt think anything of it till I got near home and started to smell and overwhelming stink of burning plastic in the cockpit, I still didnt think much of it until I turned the stereo down and heard a scraping sound coming from under the car... oh pooh did I run over a cat or something ??? :scare:

Nope :D This had happened... Undertray had detached from bumper and the wheel liner disintegrated on the tyre :doh:

3cb7416f.jpg

1cc1ae0a.jpg

I put it down to the fact the bumper has been off and on loads of times and the little plastic holes at the bottom of the bumper had split open, this plus the fact I had probably not secured the undertray tight enough last time I took the bumper off :bangin:

So the bumper is causing me problems, last few times i've put it on ive struggled to allign it properly and been getting gaps under the lights, its ready for a new bumper but I can't decide what to get and with moving house can't really afford a new one at this moment in time... So enoughs enough... I need the help of a Professional to sort this out.

Manage to get the replacement liner at a fantastic price from ZMANALEX and delivered in ultra quick time :thumbs: Top top man... Now its time to get someone to help... Unfortunately after waiting for confirmation if I could get the car booked in this weekend for the job of alligning the bumper and fitting the wheel arch the confirmation never came, probably my own fault for leaving it soo late :dry:

What do I do now :shrug: I can't cancel and let the guys down ' I have the 350z uk flags ' ;) , plus im taking my Nephew who is car crazy... I can't let him down... what do I do :shrug:

Day off work.... Its D I Y Time :band: In the Rain :surrender:

Bumper off 'again' :lol:

96723ed9.jpg

Crap wheel liner off :)

0e6b1246.jpg

Thats the easy bit... bear in mind I work in an office all day and its peeeing it down in Derby so this has taken a while already :dry:

Next... Its time to put my new UK plate holder and new snazzy reg plate on B)

Old one (DIYed the import holder with a dremel) it was ok but not perfect

7e3e2adb.jpg

2aecb7bb.jpg

On with the New snazzy one B)

85209089.jpg

I did the plate swap over in the garage while the rain was really bad... had a wee break for lunch (left over Fajita's nom nom) :snack: and then it was time to crack on with the new liner :thumbs:

To a professional this would be easy... I found it a bit of a pain in the butt as I was getting soaked and kept misplacing screws and caps but I got there in the end :yahoo:

4de37c64.jpg

Now all thats left is the mischievous bumper... I had to really mess about with this, a couple of trial fits and then the hammer sorted it out though :headhurt:

I got there in the end though :#1: ... Its not perfect but it looks 100% better than it did , it will do for now till my cash flow is back to normal and I can get a new one..

6ca66268.jpg

20f26502.jpg

All in all it went pretty well considering the circumstances......

Like I said - a massive thanks to the ZMAN for sorting out the liner and the Reg plate holder -Top man indeed :thumbs:

I also managed to give the wheels a massive clean and the car a quick wash so just need to give it a wax tomorrow and im all set for Japfest..

Thanks for reading my longest post ever :lol:

Only outstanding problem with the car is the Driver window, I may D I Y this too but I need a looong break before attempting that :lol::lol:

Honest opinion... D I Y on cars sucks ass !!!! Its best left to the professionals unless a last resort or you want to spend lots of time out the way of the missus ( which is not always a bad thing ) :lol:

first class man!!! i know how much of a technotard you are so this is great work!!! :#1:

looks great! :yahoo:

Why thankyou sir :) I prefer Retard but technotard will do

Well done buddy :#1:

I think after all that hard work it's time for a little :drunk:

Damn straight my man :drunk:

Is your name Chris by any chance??? :lol:

:thumbs:

No its Dave :lol: Did the new number plate give it away :lol:

:clap:

One question though, Hammer? for the bumper? :surrender:

I prefer to call it a precision adjusting tool but whatever :shrug::lol:

I just needed to straighten it up a bit ;)