My Zed finished.....well almost :)

chrisjones6699

Are the wheels from a GT-R? If so,they must have cost a fortune,they suit the car really wheel,though must be a pig to keep clean and shiney.

Yes mate, they are the GT-R wheels and yes to everything else :lol:

Are the GTR wheels a straight fit? Do you have the stock size GTR tyres fitted then?

Cheers, Ant.

Yes, mate, straight on but i have 20mm spacers on the front. The rear wheels didnt need any spacers. I have duplops front (255/35/20) and rear (285/30/20)

Very good. :thumbs:

What's your thoughts on losing the wiper etc?

IMG_1002-1.jpg

I like that a lot captain! Very slick! I never thought about it until now!! Has anyone else got rid of the rear wiper? any problems in doing so?

Chris do you have a CF rear strut cover?

I will take it off your hands cheap, bit pointless now you can hardly see it :lol:

Its the stock strut covered with CF 3M wrap Dave.....very easy to do and i doubt you would want to buy mine off me now :lol:

It ain't finished till you got some rear LED's ;)

Agreed! ;) Its on my list

love the car mate very nice and subtle.

please tell me what wheels they are and what size they are and if its not too cheeky how much they cost(feel free to tell me to mind my own business :) )

This post should answer your questions dude :thumbs: I'd rather not go into detail about cost....all i will say is more that the LMGT4's :lol:

very nice. the wheels really suit the car. What type are they?

I think I'll be pinching you idea on using a stubby aerial, they look much better, is there any issues with radio or TMC reception on the satnav that anyones aware of? :)

Cheers mate. Same as above, this post will answer your q. I've had no trouble with signal with the stubby. Not sure about any other problems? Cheap mod and looks very B)

Thanks guys!! :thumbs:

Found it:

-First, take the cap off the rear wiper and unscrew the bolt holding the wiper on.

-Then hold the wiper tight at the bottom so it doesnt feel like your going to snap the wiper off, and push/pull anti clockwise, you might have to give a good tug(i know it feels like its going to snap but hold it tight ) then should just screw off.

-Then open your boot and remove the inner lower plastic panel oppoisite side to where the wiper was joined( i managed to get my fingers behind the panel up near where it joins to the top plastic panel and tug it firmily all the way round un popping the plastic out)

-Then you will see the wiper motor held in with 3 gold coloured nuts. disconnect the elect plug 1st, makes it a lil easier. then remove the 3 bolts and the wiper motor will come off.

-To fill the hole where the wiper was, i used a 25mm rubber grommit from b&q/wickes. and it plugged straight in. perfect fit!

-Next is to remove the rear squirter.

-You can remove the hose linked to it from the top of the inner boot. (no need to remove any plastic) its between the join of the boot and the car. remove the 4 inch hose linked between the hose from the car and the squirter and fit is back the opposite way around. the hose has a one way mechanism so the water can only pass through one way(there is a lil arrow on it) once you placed it the opposite way round, no water can get through.

-Then you need to get some thin pliers and poke them up though the hole near the squirter(from the inner side of the boot), there is a lil bolt there. squeeze the bolt and push up and the squirter should pop out the top.

-Once done, i put a 20mm rubber grommit from the outerside of the car in the squirter hole and i used black silicone to secure it and prevent it from leaking. put plenty of the silicone under the grommit so it would fill the hole underneath for extra strength and to prevent water from getting in.

Found it:

-First, take the cap off the rear wiper and unscrew the bolt holding the wiper on.

-Then hold the wiper tight at the bottom so it doesnt feel like your going to snap the wiper off, and push/pull anti clockwise, you might have to give a good tug(i know it feels like its going to snap but hold it tight ) then should just screw off.

-Then open your boot and remove the inner lower plastic panel oppoisite side to where the wiper was joined( i managed to get my fingers behind the panel up near where it joins to the top plastic panel and tug it firmily all the way round un popping the plastic out)

-Then you will see the wiper motor held in with 3 gold coloured nuts. disconnect the elect plug 1st, makes it a lil easier. then remove the 3 bolts and the wiper motor will come off.

-To fill the hole where the wiper was, i used a 25mm rubber grommit from b&q/wickes. and it plugged straight in. perfect fit!

-Next is to remove the rear squirter.

-You can remove the hose linked to it from the top of the inner boot. (no need to remove any plastic) its between the join of the boot and the car. remove the 4 inch hose linked between the hose from the car and the squirter and fit is back the opposite way around. the hose has a one way mechanism so the water can only pass through one way(there is a lil arrow on it) once you placed it the opposite way round, no water can get through.

-Then you need to get some thin pliers and poke them up though the hole near the squirter(from the inner side of the boot), there is a lil bolt there. squeeze the bolt and push up and the squirter should pop out the top.

-Once done, i put a 20mm rubber grommit from the outerside of the car in the squirter hole and i used black silicone to secure it and prevent it from leaking. put plenty of the silicone under the grommit so it would fill the hole underneath for extra strength and to prevent water from getting in.

Cheers Captain mate! Sounds easy enough! I may just give it a go when i get back to work! :thumbs:

quote="fakeindian"]mate the car looks awesome B)

only thing i would suggest as you have got rid of all the shiny chrome and silver is spray the door handles black as they stand out from the side view shots ;)

but all in all very nice.. well done mate :thumbs:

Cheers Dude!!! I was going to get the handles wrapped but opted against it.....I do agree with you tho and its now work in progress! ;)

Not sure about the MASSIVE aerial in this shot..!!!

:)

Looks very nice indeed.

IMG_1006.jpg

:lol: We saying no to the big aerial then? You know how long that took to fit! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Jonesy has got the biggest aeriel in Wales by the looks of that pic :lol:

"Wales"??? You saying that you've seen bigger outside Wales dude?? :scare::lol::lol:

Looks really good - I normally hate black wheels but they are more of a very dark gun metal colour and I like them - they look massive though! Oh, and my car is also a HIM! :thumbs:

Awh thanks Nix!! They are smoked gray (I believe) and they are certainly huge! :teeth:

Ps, I think all Zeds should be Him's.......there aren't many cars that look masculine! :lol: bring on the :boxing: