new audio advice plz.

law350

hi everyone,

i have just bought a pioneer avh-3200bt to replace my single din pioneer.

I will obviously now need a double din fascia. anyone recommend a good fitting one?

also, the HU plays dvd's but need a cable hardwiring to the handbrake so the dvd player works. i can change the HU ok as took the bose out, did the wiring adapter ok, and put the single HU in but never wired to a handbrake before, has anyone doen this before and can run me through it??

any help appreciated.

thanks

Law350

no thats definately not what i wanted.

the head unit needs to be connected to the handbrake to work. i/e when the handbrak is on then i lets me watch dvd's etc. so if i dont connect the cable up it think the hand brake is off so wont work. doeas that explain better?

no thats definately not what i wanted.

the head unit needs to be connected to the handbrake to work. i/e when the handbrak is on then i lets me watch dvd's etc. so if i dont connect the cable up it think the hand brake is off so wont work. doeas that explain better?

Yeah guess its a safety feature... :shrug: im sure someone will be along soon who knows :snack:

I have to say though I got DVD players in both my cars and the only DVD thats been in there is one with 9GB of music on it :band::band::band::band:

i will probably be the same, although nice to know it can play them if i want it to.......

that fascia link posted earlier was for a single din one...i am after a double din so if anyone got a godo one and can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

thanks

cut out the middle bit? all sounds v blue peter..... :lol: not sure if i trust myself to do that. :lol:

jsut to humour me slightly. how come the fascia that comes wiht the HU wont just go round and do the job correctly?

Cos all car interiors are different, the z one is curved quite a bit. Cutting the middle bit out isn't that hard you just need a sharp knife.

The Sextons one isn't the best fit but like I said I haven't seen anything better unless anyone can point us both in the right direction :shrug:

just on my second read through it.

I think i have got it now.

couple of leads to get still. steering wheel ones if i want them,

definately the line driver as that was my complaint from when i had a single din...so quiet.

not sure what the 29-007 Cable (This is a Pioneer specific adapter for the above cable will do for me as i had a single din pioneer in previously and was ok and never had this?

i think i am now upto speed. thanks for the advice. hopefully will be straightforward.

definately the line driver as that was my complaint from when i had a single din...so quiet.

I would advise plugging it in and checking before buying these as some pioneers need them, some don't

I haven't got any on my Pioneer P4200dvd and it is fine. Am sure there's people on here with the same headunit your getting so could always drop one of them a PM and ask them?

well,

just to give you guys an update on this as may help someone else. maybe :lol:

i looked at srobien install but decided to 'simply' plug it in to see if it worked before earthing this and grounding that etc and it works. I attached the handbrake cable to the chassis and this allows me to bypass the handbrake also, despite posts of havign to use relays etc.

I am just waiting for my fascia to come through from saxons (who have been really good, and can def recomend , as ordered something i didnt want and they emailed me straight back, adjusted the order and refunded me the money) and once this arrives then should be all good.

Head unit is very good, very pleased, used wihtout a line driver and sounds as loud as it should do which is good.

all in all hay at the moment :teeth:

thanks to everyone for their help in previous replies, greatly appreciated.

well,

just to give you guys an update on this as may help someone else. maybe :lol:

i looked at srobien install but decided to 'simply' plug it in to see if it worked before earthing this and grounding that etc and it works. I attached the handbrake cable to the chassis and this allows me to bypass the handbrake also, despite posts of havign to use relays etc.

I am just waiting for my fascia to come through from saxons (who have been really good, and can def recomend , as ordered something i didnt want and they emailed me straight back, adjusted the order and refunded me the money) and once this arrives then should be all good.

Head unit is very good, very pleased, used wihtout a line driver and sounds as loud as it should do which is good.

all in all hay at the moment :teeth:

thanks to everyone for their help in previous replies, greatly appreciated.

:thumbs: