what have i done?!!

ir_fuel

As you have seen in my other topic, i was wondering about getting a 2005 or 2006 model Z, because of delivery times, price and availability.

Well...

Today i went to a German Nissan dealer near Aachen and did best of both worlds ...

I ordered a 2006 Gun Grey 350Z coupé Pack wth black leather interior, navigation system and got me the carpets, the alarm and the thingy to separate the boot from the rest of the car. No Rays, but i really like the 2006 5-spoke "default" wheels, so not much of an issue ;)

And the best of all..

It will be delivered within 2 weeks :yahoo:

He also had a 2005 Z coupe in his showroom with the nismo body kit on it, and a bit lowered. Now thats one awesome bodykit, it fits the car really well (and i usually hate bodykits or aftermarket bolt-on parts coz they tend to look "chav" often). I was thinking, "take that one too or not..", until i heard the price (including the nismo wheels). Installed it was about 10.000€ :scare:, and i probably wouldnt been able to get over any speedbump in Belgium anymore at a speed higher than 3 km/h :thumbdown:

I really liked the spoiler on the boot dough, just wondering did anyone here just install the nismo spoiler and leave the rest as-is?

And some remaining questions:

- parking sensors, should i get em or not?

- spacers for the wheels. Arent they bad for the suspension system, as it is supposed to cope with wheels which are closer and forces will be distributed differently?

Anyhow, got a TT to sell now and get the stuff done to import the Zed.

I joined The Dark Side :angry::surrender:

Hi

Don't know many answers to your specific questions - but i do know the answer to the most important one 'What have i done'

You have just made THE BEST decision of your car owning life. I've just recently been through quite a few until i found the Z and now i love it more than any other car i have ever owned - and that's within 1 DAY - i know i should give it some time before making sweeping comments like that but it's absolutley 'love at first drive'

Well done - you will LOVE it.

Don't look back - only forward - at the road ahead that you are about to eat up with the biggest grin on your face EVER !!!! :teeth:

Good choice and top colour- you won't be dissapointed. :D You mention it doesn't come with Rays, the spec must be different then than UK cars as Rays are now standard fitment for 06 MY Z's.

IMO leave the wheel spacers alone as they place additional loading on the wheel bearings and wheel bolts, and could also affect your warranty. :thumbdown:

Good choice and top colour- you won't be dissapointed. :D You mention it doesn't come with Rays, the spec must be different then than UK cars as Rays are now standard fitment for 06 MY Z's.

Thats correct, in France, Holland and Germany Rays are a 1.000€ extra. And ordering the car with them would mean i d have to wait until the end of the year before getting it :scare:

And i really like the look of the 2006 5-spoke wheels so thats not an issue. The 2005 model 6-spokes i didnt like that much, but they have changed this so ... B)

IMO leave the wheel spacers alone as they place additional loading on the wheel bearings and wheel bolts, and could also affect your warranty. :thumbdown:

Thats what i was thinking too...

Btw, anyone got a pic of the parking sensors on a gun-grey Z? Are they visible? Coz thats the thing i dont like about those things, you can really see them on some cars.

Hey,

what's your location? I live in Lanaken, Belgium. Working in Maastricht.

More people have just bought the nismo spoiler without the bodykit. It's all a matter of personal taste. Just upgrade the parts you like with leaving the rest standard.

A good hub centric spacer shouldn't be a problem, but I would stay away from them. No good reason, it just doesn't seem right to me to put one on. And yes, it might effect your suspension as if you get a wide spacer.

I have parking sensors (Black Z) and I love them. On my car they're hardly visible and I couldn't do without them. You can ask everyone here that the 350Z has quite some blind spots to deal with when reverse parking etc. These sensors help out a lot!

For pictures on a gun grey Z fitted with PDC, send this guy an email: leon.jehae@zonnet.nl.

He lives in Sittard and he's selling his 2004 gun grey 350Z right now. Maybe he has some close-up pictures of the rear.

The zed is difficult to park at the best of times, Nismo wing an all I'd say they are a must!!! People have attached just the spoiler but imo if this is all your gonna do I think it will look better std, even more so without the oem ;)

Spacers??? What are you on about??? Didn't think Nismo req'd these!!!!

The zed is difficult to park at the best of times, Nismo wing an all I'd say they are a must!!! People have attached just the spoiler but imo if this is all your gonna do I think it will look better std, even more so without the oem ;)

I was thinking the same. Its either the full body kit or nothing. So it will be nothing ;)

Guess i ll call on monday that he can get me the parking sensors too then

Spacers??? What are you on about??? Didn't think Nismo req'd these!!!!

No not with nismo, with standard wheels. The dealer said sth about this, but i always thought it wasnt so good for your suspension and so on, so i dont think i ll do this.

The 5 spoke wheels you get standard aren't the standard fit in the UK, they are limited to the 35th edition car only :(

Saying that I have Nismo wheels anyway, I also understand that the 5 spoke wheels are actually heavier than the 6 spoke Rays that are now standard on the UK MY06 car's.

As for spacers, you shouldn't need any spacers on wheels that are standard to the car.

Finally body kit, I haven't really had too much trouble with my front lip on the car, sure I have to take speed bumps slowly but I am not too concerned about that. I did notice on Sunday tho that my exhaust grounds out if I am not too careful when going over speed bumps (not all bumps, only particularly horrible ones). Over all I am bloody pleased with the whole kit.

Well done for getting the car :D

Dealer just called.

The car has been delivered B)

Now they just have to install all the bits n bobs (parking sensors, alarm, other tyres ..) and i have to get the payment done so i can pick it up.

:teeth:

What alarm you fitting mate???

The one Nissan has in the acc. catalogue.

Its just to have one for my insurance. I think that if scumbags want your car they ll get it, alarm or no alarm :dry:

Dealer just called.

The car has been delivered B)

Now they just have to install all the bits n bobs (parking sensors, alarm, other tyres ..) and i have to get the payment done so i can pick it up.

:teeth:

What alarm you fitting mate???

The one Nissan has in the acc. catalogue.

Its just to have one for my insurance. I think that if scumbags want your car they ll get it, alarm or no alarm :dry:

New one on me!!!

How's this better from the std???

Are must be excited, you go to pick up your new Z.

Black Roadster

Orange net seats

Rays

Parking sensors

Nissan OEM alarm

Nissan Birdview Navigation

- I would stay away from wheelspacers, some good may exist, but many others are either too heavy or doesn't center right

- Parking sensors, have them two weeks now. Dealer has to remove rear bumper and PAINT THE SENSORS WITH SPRAY PAINT, which comes with a kit. Keep your fingers crossed for the good result. The continious BEEP sound should be set on 50 cm which is too much. I readjusted it to 30 cm. Its possible to readjust.

- RAYS are prefferd above the stock rims, ccoording to Nissan =4 kgs lighter EACH and tyre size on the rear are wider. Std rims has all tyres same size.

BTW: US model for 06 has 19" wheels on the rear !

The continious BEEP sound should be set on 50 cm which is too much. I readjusted it to 30 cm. Its possible to readjust.

Hi Mang

tell me - how can this be adjusted - is it by the dealer or is there a way i can do this myself ?

Also is there any way you have heard of making the Beep louder (both the intermittent beep and the continuous beep) ?