Bluetooth & iPhone kind of working

geoler

Hi all,

I've tries the search facility but can't find anything relating to my problem. 

I have my zed paired with my iPhone.  Dialling a number works. E.g. 

Me : "Dial number"

Zed : "The number please"

Me : "0207 121 3300"

Zed : repeats number

Me : "Dial"

Zed : "The number is dialled"

However, dialling a name that I've stored doesn't work. 

Me : "Dial named"

Zed : "The name please"

Me : "Home"

Zed : "Cancelled"

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Geo

Just checked this again. Having said the name the system replays the stored auto for the correct name, then nothing happens.

Cheers,

Geo

You need to say "dial" again after the name is played back..

E.g.

you : "Dial named"

Zed : "The name please"

you: "Home"

Zed (in your recoded voice): "home"

you: "Dial"

I'm having a little problem with mine....

I managed to sync it fine, so if i get a phone call it rings through my speakers and then i can answer it and speak fine...

However, when i try to make a phone call (by clicking on the speech button on steering wheel) it beeps, i say something, but it automatically dials "123567890" which is the BT number for finding out the exact time! I tried saying "Dial Number" after hearing the beep, but no matter what I do it just dials the above number!

Also, I don't have the "Phone" option in my menu - so I cant do the settings or anything!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

you have to press the button then say "dial name" or "dial number"

then it should say "number/name please" depending on what you said

then you say the number (in blocks of 3-6 at a time works best) or name (if you have stored it)

then it will repeat what you said, then you have to say "dial" at the end

that's it

it's worth pointing out that you can only dial a name if you have stored it in the module itself - the module cannot dial names from your phone contacts list (unless i missed something) :thumbdown:

to do this you press the button and say "store" , she asks for the number and name, then at the end you say "store"

hope this works for you :thumbs:

you have to press the button then say "dial name" or "dial number"

then it should say "number/name please" depending on what you said

then you say the number (in blocks of 3-6 at a time works best) or name (if you have stored it)

then it will repeat what you said, then you have to say "dial" at the end

that's it

it's worth pointing out that you can only dial a name if you have stored it in the module itself - the module cannot dial names from your phone contacts list (unless i missed something) :thumbdown:

to do this you press the button and say "store" , she asks for the number and name, then at the end you say "store"

hope this works for you :thumbs:

Thanks for that mate - v.useful!

Unfortunately mine doesn't work still!

When I press the number it beeps, then no matter what I say, it dials the number i mentioned above!

Incoming calls seem to work fine, it rings and i pick up and speak normally. (although the speakers simply play my ringtone - is this normal?)

Also - i have NOTHING in my menu which says "phone" etc and allows me to adjust settings.

Finally - the module has a button on the side, should this be out or pressed in?

I guess I might have to pop into my dealer on the weekend :-(

there are no settings to adjust

the button on the side should be out - this is the release button. you press it in and slide the module forwards to remove the module

otherwise unfortunately sounds like you may have a faulty unit (or a very unusual voice? :shrug: )

Here is the manual - make sure you have followed all the procedures to use all the features - it is a bit of a pain having to enter each contact you want in the car's system individually and coping with the 'pardons' but once done I found it worked fine in my previous 350. :thumbs:

With the 370 all you need to do is beam your phone contacts to the car's in-built system - piece of cake :p:lol: