First trackday in the 350Z

was8v

I did a trackday (my first in the 350Z) yesterday at Anglesey with circuit-days.co.uk. Shared the driving with my dad (his first time on track). Just made it for the afternoon session - only £80 with free 20min instruction (which my dad took).

I was a little apprehensive as its the first opportunity I've had to drive it properly (i.e. away from the road), and the first time I've tracked a RWD car. I won't claim to have got near the cars limits - it performed impeccably, it was out on track most of the afternoon and didn't bat an eyelid. I didn't have the confidence to switch the ESP off since the track was very busy most of the day, I tried to be smooth and push as much as I could without having the ESP intervene. I think a car limits / airfield day may be better for practising tail out moments before venturing on a busy track without ESP.

I'm a very nervous passenger in my car especially when my dad (new to performance driving) dabbed the brakes in the middle of a fast corner :scare:

I didn't bother with insurance as it was £80- with a grand excess, even a wreck of a 350Z goes for £5k on ebay so I gambled against it.

If you get the chance - get your Z on track! Circuit-days was a bargain especially including the instruction (which I'd say was essential for newbies).

Some pics - hope they show up:

39728_580670816602_273101038_4783062_7231599_n.jpg

38349_580670856522_273101038_4783064_1404595_n.jpg

38836_580670861512_273101038_4783065_6357707_n.jpg

This Ginetta race car was amazing:

38836_580670871492_273101038_4783067_6260988_n.jpg

I did my first trackday in the 350Z yesterday at Anglesey with circuit-days.co.uk... I didn't have the confidence to switch the ESP off since the track was very busy most of the day

And this is why I will never, ever go with Circuit Days again after last year: They put far too many cars on the track at one time and it becomes bloody dangerous.

Glad you enjoyed it, I take it this was on the Coastal layout? I think that's the Corkscrew you've got pictured anyway. I love Anglesey so much, it's just about the most fun circuit I've yet to drive and there's absolutely nothing to hit so it's as safe as houses.

Glad you enjoyed it, I take it this was on the Coastal layout? I think that's the Corkscrew you've got pictured anyway. I love Anglesey so much, it's just about the most fun circuit I've yet to drive and there's absolutely nothing to hit so it's as safe as houses.

This was coastal yeah - I did a VXR event on the full International circuit a few months back. I enjoyed the corkscrew, tried a few lines till I got the hang of it.....

TBH my mate (Clio 182 cup) was more "on the pace" than me and suffered less from it being busy. I was taking it easy really so had to keep letting people past. It was the most crowded track day I've been on - felt like they should have had the full Intl circuit to give a bit more space. But then again it was only £80 (or £140 for the full day) open pitlane.

A few people were doing "bad overtakes" i.e. not waiting until slower cars had indicated and pulled over - this could perhaps have been picked up on.