Waiting to think about buying.

Hey guys,

As the slightly cryptic title suggests I've started looking into buying a Z, and decided to join you guys to have a chat and pick your brains. I've been lurking for a bit but enough is enough!

I have a new job starting in a couple of months and the first thing on my agenda (after settling in down South!) is replacing my ageing, sorry, aged 306 TDi. So I started looking around, and fell in love with the idea of having a 350, I'm guessing you all did the same! :D

So when I've got moved from sunny sunny Doncaster and found out what's going on budget wise, I'll be hitting the ad's even harder than I am now! I do have a quick question though:

Just how do the pre-06 models compare to the face-lifts? I seem to keep reading there is a significant difference, does it warrant the 3K price increase I seem to find on them?

So, yeah, hi guys and look forward to talking to you a bit more as my hunt progresses!

Boom

PS. You really don't need to see any of pics of the tank :lol:

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Nice to know I'm not the only person who's nocturnal :lol:

Yeah I wouldn't mind finding out just how the interiors are better, although it's something that I guess I'll have to see in person.

Good point with the bulged bonnet, I'm not too struck by it if I'm honest, I think I actually prefer the older one!

So that mean's I may be looking at an '06 at the youngest.

Boom

Welcome to the forum. Get yourself along to a meet, then you can pick everyone's brains, and see the cars in person.

Yeah I think that may have to be the way forward! I've been looking around and see there's a few guys in Sheffield that meet up not far from me.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The cars are all great so its pretty much down to how much money you want to save for mods IMO.

I'm not 100% sure I want to mod if *that* much, however, that may change once I get the car! I think it might be best regardless to keep it stock for a few months just so I can get used to something that actually accelerates before making it accelerate faster :D

Shaun, I think (and hope for your sake!) that you've sold yours by the time I'm able to get mine :D

Oh and thanks for all the welcomes!

Boom

:welcome:

Hi Boomstick, Evil Dead fan? B)

Having recently gone through the process of viewing and buying myself, I ended up with an '04. To me there was little difference, even in condition and miles on the older cars when compaired to newer ones. Its hardly a deal maker, but Pre-06 Tax is about £220, while post-06 is more like £420.

Also -I'm not that clued up yet, but- I question if the 06 is 'that' much faster, if at all. Certainly not noticable I'd say. The pre-06 cars have less bhp sure, but they are a good 60kg lighter and have more midrange torque(according to the wikipedia page I read). What I'm saying is; for me it wasn't a deciding factor in the choice I made.

In my experience theres a lot of difference between 350's of any age, and I think this is reflected in the variation on prices. Best thing to do is get out there and test drive!

All the best :thumbs:

:welcome:

Hi Boomstick, Evil Dead fan? B)

Having recently gone through the process of viewing and buying myself, I ended up with an '04. To me there was little difference, even in condition and miles on the older cars when compaired to newer ones. Its hardly a deal maker, but Pre-06 Tax is about £220, while post-06 is more like £420.

Also -I'm not that clued up yet, but- I question if the 06 is 'that' much faster, if at all. Certainly not noticable I'd say. The pre-06 cars have less bhp sure, but they are a good 60kg lighter and have more midrange torque(according to the wikipedia page I read). What I'm saying is; for me it wasn't a deciding factor in the choice I made.

In my experience theres a lot of difference between 350's of any age, and I think this is reflected in the variation on prices. Best thing to do is get out there and test drive!

All the best :thumbs:

Haha, you are correct sir! Although I took up the name after hearing the sample in a song, and it's kind of stuck! :lol:

You've confirmed pretty much what I was wondering, in that the only way I'm going to know is to get out and see them in person and try them out! I do like your thinking on the pre-06 models too, less tax and cheaper for what may be very little difference seems quite attractive!

Boom

Martin, I was just about to ask what zedfest was, decided to do a little research and was very impressed, Nottingham isn't far at all, will have to see if I can make it!

Welcome :thumbs:. Go for the last of the 350z's made. Having owned an early one and a late one, would definately go for the latter.

That's an interesting viewpoint chop, what made you prefer the face lift so much, although I think my max budget will probably out of reach of 08's, and maybe 07's, I'd still like to know!

Boom