Forum brake test.

andlid

Would it be plausible to do a forum 350z-uk type brake test with different setups? Was sitting here reading different brake tests and 'reviews' from forum users here and on my350z... to be honest the best one I read was the test that Stoptech did 2002 with a pinch of salt and possible bias on the test but found the reading pretty good.

So could we get some test going with some simple maneuvers that can be easily repeated and done under safe conditions for some popular setups? I'm interested in heat and brake fade really but heat might be hard to get right but brake feel is an easy one to feel :teeth: stopping distance would also be pretty cool to know.

Was thinking on using the following to get things moving:

jdm brakes, std pads,std discs, std lines

brembo brakes, std pads, std discs, std lines

jdm brakes, yellowstuff pads and ebc discs, std lines

brembo with dba 4000 discs, ferrodo 2500 pads,std lines

etc etc maybe if we could get a test plan together we could just put in the data collected and what setup was used.

any takers?

I can do a hybrid test at the moment with brembo std fronts and jdm std rears :lol: then brembo std fronts and brembo stds rear with braided lines, followed by upgraded pads down the line.

A

:teeth:

oh and brake pad and/or disc wear..

it would be interesting to see what combinations work out best but its going to be really hard to test, best bet might be get an airfield day sorted with a number of different set ups?

:yawn: Och Anders just go out and get yourself a decent brake set up and be done with it :thumbs:

It's not only for me... also would give some nice numbers and stats rather then driver feel. Just look at all the brake qs on the forum.

Husky, yeah I know about tyres, thread wear width road condition etc... still think it would be a pointer and a point in doing something like above. A meet would be cool but I won't be able to rustle up more then 1 z is say :-P lol

That too... could take that into account to though...

oh and brake pad and/or disc wear..

it would be interesting to see what combinations work out best but its going to be really hard to test, best bet might be get an airfield day sorted with a number of different set ups?

• 1 month later...
I v tried a few set ups ;)

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: I saw the state of that last set of calipers :headhurt:

Oi they were not heavily used. but now i think i v sorted the breaking issue. :blush:

Front 2 piece performance friction with the racing pads or smth. alex knows exactly. the best but sqeaky.

more when i get back home from work. :thumbs: