headlamp converters for Europe - bovvered?

sprevett

was thinking I should get them there beam benders for planned tour of Europe....but then thought should I really bother? I won't be night driving which is when they might make a difference....and have you ever ever ever seen a foreign car over here with them on? :shrug:

I've been over a few times in mine, and never bothered, including a massive french show where cars were getting pulled over for checks and stuff, and we never got asked about them, just make sure you got ya Hi Vis vest :lol:

I was in europe earlier this month, I put them on but the other lad I was with didn't bother. fro the sake of a tenner its hardly worth the hassle if you get pulled.

I agree with lincon - don't give the coppers any excuse! :thumbs:

spose so. last time I fitted these was on an old car with 7" sealed beam units....do they fit easily enough to more modern cars like the Z with those massive curved lenses?? and do they work?

Stick on ones from Halfords work fine - there are fitting instructions included and the circle bit aligns with a little dimple on the headlamp. Real easy.

Do it mate im based in Germany with the army and French police are starting to pull more people over when you come off the boat as they have nothing better to do it seems. They started to right me a ticket till i switched on my lights and showed them i have european lights as im based out there. Not worth the hassle like everyone has said for the sake of £10.

By law you should also have the following

Spare bulbs

Hi vis vest for yourself and each passenger

5 Litres fuel spare

first aid kit

warning triangle

Fire extinguisher

I think thats the lot can buy it on the boat as a bulk buy for £65 but im sure you can source the lot cheaper in Halfords

• 2 weeks later...
Do you really need fuel and a fire extinguisher? I didn't know that. Is that just for france or oyther countries in europe too?

What bulbs do you need as head light bulbs are not cheap.

Chris

Just carry set of Nissan Micra bulbs. The average French cop makes Wayne Rooney look like a mastermind, so they probably won't be any the wiser :)

• 2 weeks later...