Z Speed Aluminium Under Trays - CLOSED

Kevin Huntley

I have been looking into getting a group buy going on some Z-Speed Aluminium undertrays on the other forum. I have 2 takers so far but need at least 3 to get it going.

The Z-Speed under tray offers improved cooling, easy access to the Oil Filter, offers greater protection to the sump and really stiffens up the front end especially when using an aftermarket front bumper.

I have just fitted the Z-Speed aluminium under tray to my own car and it is a great fit and really high quality part. It comes with all the OEM fixers and fasteners for a easy install.

If I can order 3 or more at a time I can get them for £150 each (Including VAT & Duty) + £10 postage in the UK. Normal retail price is $199 + $80 shipping + TAX and Duty which by my calculations would be £238 landed in the UK.

I would be looking to get these sent to my address. I would then re-pack and post them out. The under trays are currently in stock so shipping from the US would be around 10-14 days.

Takers so far:

Ian P

Greg Warnes

Engineundertray.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

Sales info taken from Z-Speeds website:

2003-2009 350Z ZSpeedPerformance Verison 2 PC Matte Black Engine Undershrouds! These under shrouds were developed to protect your critical engine parts under the car and also because the cheesy plastic OEM shield deteriorates over time and usually ends up on the highway behind you somewhere.

Version 2 is the latest creation from Zspeed Performance!

V2 featrues added vented to help hot air escape from the engine compartment and more clearance for deeper oil pans and bigger sway bars.

The V2 shield is also beefed up! The rear part of the shield is made from thicker aluminum to help give your oil pan and other items more protection, The front part of the shield that bolts to the fascia is of a thinner aluminum so if you were to hit a curb/parking block too hard it willl buckle and prevent damage of the lower fiberglass core support it bolts to.

Without the shield in place the air that comes in thru your facsia should be directed into you radiator and instead will just take the path of least resistance and exit under the car instead of cooling off your radiator. Just like the upper radiator air guides keep air going thru the radiator, The bottom is even more important to have in place as it is much easier for air to escape there.

The under shrouds will fit all 2003-2008 350Z's, 2003-2006 G35 RWD Sedan with stock front fascias and should fit any fascia that the OEM under shroud still bolts to.

The Zspeedperformance under shroud will help give the lower front fascia much more rigidity also, As you probably know, running without the shield in place at high speeds can do serious damage to the front fascia as it will droop down and can rip apart.

With the integrated oil change access door all you have to do is remove 2 bolts and you have ample room to get to the oil filter and drain plug. Weight on the entire piece is 4.5lbs, The plastic OEM shield for reference weighs in at a bit over 3lbs. Very lightweight and much more protection!

Optional Hardware kit will replace all the factory hardware to mount the shield with. Includes all new bolts and J-nuts that you need to install the shield.

So in theory would you need to remove the entire tray to do an oil change? Seems a daft question bearing in mind it has a removable plate for that very reason, but I've seen other similar trays (both OEM and aftermarket) that have a similar design but still don't give you enough room to change the filter.

Right looks like we now have enough interest to make this a goer. Between the two forums we now have the following numbers:

Ian P

Greg Warnes

IanS16

ZMANALEX

lilsheepshagga_turbo

You can pay me in one of two ways. Either by Paypal kevnhunt@yahoo.com or you can transfer the funds to my HSBC bank account. If you want to pay by bank Transfer please PM me and I will send you my details.

If we can close this off by Wednesday I will get the undertrays ordered on Thursday.

So Just to recap its £150 + £10 for UK Postage. If you want to use Paypal please add the 4% fee's.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Alex, do you have the GT Spec front brace? I had to make two spacers from drilled Alloy bar and use some longer bolts to make it fit. I will send you some pic's of mine if need be. It was pretty easy to sort out and did not involve any modifications to the tray itself.

Thanks

Kevin

I'll have one Kev. :thumbs:

Just hope that it clears the bracing. :lol:

Alex.

Right guys just to keep you all in the loop I have the following confirmed payments:

Ian P - PAID BANK TRANSFER

Greg Warnes - PAID BANK TRANSFER

IanS16 - PAYMENT COMING ON FRIDAY

ZMANALEX - PAID BANK TRANSFER

lilsheepshagga_turbo - PAID PAYPAL

I am looking to get these ordered tonight so if anyone else (Tim, 3FIDDY) wants in please try and send the payment before 8pm tonight and send me a PM to let me know.

Many Thanks

Kevin

Just to update you all, the trays were all ordered and paid for on Wednesday night. They are hoping to have them all packed up and sent out on Tuesday. They were at a show this weekend and need to have a few more made as they were short.

They should be with me around 7-10 days after that.

Many Thanks

Kevin

Right the Undertrays have been posted and are on there way. Hopefully they will be with me in the next 7-10 days. Could you all send me your delivery address details (if you have'nt already) when you get a chance.

Please note this group buy is now closed.

Thanks

Kevin

Looks like the trays have still not arrived. Had hoped to get them today but nothing! Im off to Korea on Sunday for a week for work. Ive left instructions with a work colleague to pay the custom charges and I will have to re-box them and send out when I get back.

Sorry for the delay guys.

Best Regards

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Right Im back from Korea alive. I had two nice little letters this morning from Customs. Ive now paid the Charges and the trays should be dropped off this morning. I will then start packing them up and sending them out. If anyone who has not already done so could please send me there delivery address.

Many Thanks

Kevin

Right got the trays yesterday and they arrived in great shape although I did get stung with a hefty bill from customs.

I managed to get two trays packed up last night before running out of packaging material. I guess the fairest thing to do is send them out in the order they were placed so Ian P and Greg Warnes yours will be going out today for delivery tomorrow.

I will try and get some more packed tonight if I manage to obtain some more bubble wrap!

Thanks

Kevin