Feedback on this Zed please

GruntBoy

Starting to look around for a 350 now. Was originally thinking of just looking into them now, and buy around Xmas, but am struggling to hold out :)

Can't seem to find many around at what I want though.. I'm after a GT coupe, 05 or 55 before the tax change in April 06, under 40k.

I was hoping to get this for around 11-11.5k. Especially after reading the "What did you pay for your Zed?" thread.

The nearest I can find around me is an 05 GT, Silver, with 30k, but it's on at 13.5k. It's from a dealer, but not a Nissan dealer.

That price seems a bit high to me, but like I say, can't see much else around.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Steve

I have just payed £14k for a 2006 GT with 28,000 in the clock.

Thought that was a good price. So £13,500 is a little high i think. But the milage is very good for the car your looking at though. If you could get them down to say £13,150 that would be better.

Thanks guys.

The following replies on the other thread have got me thinking it's too high though...

"Got mine a year ago and paid 12k for an 06 GT with 32k on the clock."

"Paid £8000 for my UK spec 54 plate sunset GT with 39k on the clock 6 months ago"

"I paid £14.5k for mine a few weeks back. 07 GT Coupe with 22k"

"Paid 12800 for 05 GT with 25,000 on the clock FSH with loads of extras"

"i paid 15k for an 18month old UK GT with 12.5k on the clock. that was 2 years ago"

Paid £13.4K about a montha ago for mine. 55PLate with 19K on the clock. This was private so I think yours has room for negotiation. It the Zed is in really good nick then all you have lost is a bit of money. Better than paying less to get a sh*t heap!

Paid £13.4K about a montha ago for mine. 55PLate with 19K on the clock. This was private so I think yours has room for negotiation. It the Zed is in really good nick then all you have lost is a bit of money. Better than paying less to get a sh*t heap!

Well said! You allways get what you pay for.

Cheers Gizmo.

Yeah don't mind paying what something is worth, just wanted to get a feel of what a decent price would be for it.

If people on here (who know a lot more than me about these car's values) were saying it's worth more like 12-12.5k, then I'd know what to be happy getting him down to.

Wouldn't want to pay 13.5 for it, only to find out it's a grand or two over the odds.

Cheers Gizmo.

Yeah don't mind paying what something is worth, just wanted to get a feel of what a decent price would be for it.

If people on here (who know a lot more than me about these car's values) were saying it's worth more like 12-12.5k, then I'd know what to be happy getting him down to.

Wouldn't want to pay 13.5 for it, only to find out it's a grand or two over the odds.

Well its in everyones nature to get a car at the cheapest price possible and sell one at the most they can. I would say it is a little marked up on price but not stupidly. But surely everyone does this to factor negotiations into the deal!

Negotiations to around £13k or a touch less is about right. Or maybe haggle 12months tax and tank of fuel into it?

This is the number 1 thing people always do when looking to buy a new car - look at the mileage, age and then price.

The priority should be:

1) quality

2) price

3) milleage then age

Would you rather:

A ) a zed 2 years younger yet has dings, scratches and been abused most of its life but you get it cheaper

B ) Older car, perfect body work, looked after well during its life?

Your answer should be B. ;) In the end you'll love it more because you don't have to keep sorting out those niggles. You should be looking at what YOU are happy to pay rather than comparing the hundreds of offers out there. :thumbs:

Hold out - a lot of members waited a few months before getting their zed (hence why you see so many stunning examples). It's a patience game I'm afraid, however if you see the perfect one along the way why wait - go for it. :)

Remember some people are 'economical' with the truth when it comes to "what did you pay" threads, a bit like the "best mpg" threads... and NOBODY is ever going to post that they paid £12,000 for a 53 plate JDM with 100,000 on the clock are they :lol:

At the end of the day if the price is right for you then go for it, you will always find someone who got a better deal and someone that got a worse deal, thats life. If all you do is fret about getting the best deal possible you might miss out on the car you really really want.

How many times have you been sitting round a pool on holiday trying to relax and catch some sun B) and all you can hear is some **** going on about how he got a fantastic deal and saved x amount on his 2 weeks summer holiday. If all you can do on holiday is go on about how much it didn't cost you then some holiday you are having....NOT!

Also alot of people took advantage when the credit crunch hit, everyone was like " crap i better sell now while it is worth something" I did this with my s2000 and someone got a bargain! It also depends on where you live to what people will be selling them for. If its in good nick and you like the car... and to me i have to like the person selling it, as i think you can tell how the car would have been treated if you have a chat to them. On some occasions i have walked away from what looked like a good car because i couldnt stand the person and found it hard to trust them! There are some bargains out there but you have to be willing to settle for the colour/age/milage/condition if you want to get one. I wanted a azure or a Gm but a silver one came up that ticked all the other boxes , so i went for it :thumbs: Just my thoughts though :lol:

Thanks for all the replies guys.

May well be looking at a different car from a member from this forum now :)

Hope your search goes well. Don't rush your choice, enjoy the buying experience, and be picky.

Remember what Anubis says. Quality and condition are the most important over anything else. Mileage and age are very much secondary over that.

Bradders.