Newbie here. Need Help!

donaldschen

Just got my sunset UK GT no more than two week, its really nice car.

I found on the service history, last owner use cheape engine oil( 5W30), 15pounds for 5L, I normall use Mobile 1(5W30), cost £45. So, am going to do a oil service, ordered K&N Gold oil Filter and Mobile 1 5W30.

I am still interested in Millers Premium XF Lognlife 3 5w30 -- £42 anyone tried before, feedback?

For Gear oil , Millers EP 75w80 GL5 GEAR OIL, is it good enough?

How long and how difficult to change gear oil? normal garage or performance only?

How do I know BHP of my car? I know 2003 and 2004 standard Z are 280BHP, but mine is 2005, first reg on Apr 2005, is it 300BHP?

Planning install induction kit, K&N Typhoon Kit, £220 parts + £50 Labour, good? worth a try?

Sorry about lots of questions. Thanks for reply.

cant help with the oil stuff,

but the 2005 model is the same as the 03 and 04 they only changed them 06 i think. if want to know for sure how much power it has get it on a dyno somewhere and you will know.

i dont know about the induction kit but i wouldnt spend the extra money on the fitting whatever you decide to get. am sure you will find a guide on here that will show you how its done.

good choice on colour btw :thumbs::thumbs:

Just got my sunset UK GT no more than two week, its really nice car.

I found on the service history, last owner use cheape engine oil( 5W30), 15pounds for 5L, I normall use Mobile 1(5W30), cost £45. So, am going to do a oil service, ordered K&N Gold oil Filter and Mobile 1 5W30.

I am still interested in Millers Premium XF Lognlife 3 5w30 -- £42 anyone tried before, feedback?

For Gear oil , Millers EP 75w80 GL5 GEAR OIL, is it good enough?

How long and how difficult to change gear oil? normal garage or performance only?

How do I know BHP of my car? I know 2003 and 2004 standard Z are 280BHP, but mine is 2005, first reg on Apr 2005, is it 300BHP?

Planning install induction kit, K&N Typhoon Kit, £220 parts + £50 Labour, good? worth a try?

Sorry about lots of questions. Thanks for reply.

1) Millers oils are good oils Irun millers CFS 5w-40 but I take my car on track and that is a motorsport/race oil so defo good enough for the road, I have used millers XFS 5W-4o in the past as a fully synth on the road oil and Silkolene ProS is another class oil (recently rebranded to Fuchs but can't remember which one)

Changing the gear oil is easy you just need a big syringe or turkey baster to pump the new oil in after draining the old stuff. However, and I can;t stress this strongly enough DO NOT USE A GL5 ONLY gear oil. GL5 is not a syncromesh oil you need to use a GL4. You can use an oil that is GL4 AND GL5, this is basically an oil that is a GL4 but has such high load capacity that it can be used in GL5 applications. In the past I've used millers and silkolene, however ZMANALEX who is running 600BHP swears by the Nissan stuff.

2) Your car is 276 brake unless its a GT4 uprev engines were fitted to all zeds from 2006

3) Its easy installing an induction kit save the £50 for petrol after fitting it, you will have your foot planted for the first few days because of the awesome new sound :thumbs:

Welcome

Thanks for everybody.

To SteveW ,

All parts I am going to buy at http://www.lkperformance.co.uk

There are lots of gear oils, just list two kinds below, and I cant find any GL4&GL5

Millers Classic EP 140 - GL4 - 1 Litre

Millers Classic Gear Oil EP 80w90 - GL4 - 1 Litre

For Engine oil, you mean 5w40 is better ?

For modification

I have seen Abbey m/s said ' Stock airbox with a panel filter ( or find a REVUP 296bhp air box) again fitted with Panel filter

these help a lot with inlet temp heat soak but do give the cars more torque than any Race type filter set up) and are quiet'

orignal airbox with k&n panel filter helps a lot?

If it useless, i think going to put an induction kit.

Hi mate for performance with a remap you do want to run an airbox and panel filter. However, induction kits are worth it for the noise, you will not see any performance gains from an induction kit. The ECU on the zed is very clever and adds more fuel to kill any gains the induction kit makes. However, for the noise aspect alone I think an induction kit is worth it, whilst for out and out performance the airbox and panel filter combo is best, once again you won't see any gains without a remap.

As for the gear oils I'm sorry I have no idea because I have never used either of those.

Being branded classic I wouldn't have thought hey were suitable for modern cars. Your best bet might be to give Opieoils a call they will be able to recommend a good oil for the box.

Cheers

Steve