Petrol Prices.....

Jacko

I HAVE ALWAYS PUT OPTIMAX OR THE BP STUFF IN MY Z UP UNTIL LAST WEEK THAT IS WHEN I WAS TEMPTED BY SAINSBURYS SUPER (LOADS CHEAPER)

BUT HOW BAD ACTUALLY IS IT?

I THINK THE PERFORMANCE MAY HAVE DIPPED BUT I CAN'T BE SURE.

CAN ANYONE WITH MORE KNOWLEDGE FILL ME IN??

DAVE H

With the exception of Tesco most Supermarket fuels are full of shite! Why do you think they sell them so much cheaper??? Tests have proved how performance is reduced.... If you can't afford quality juice you can't afford the zed!!! Fill the baby with the best and she'll receive all the vitamins she needs ;)

Mine seems to run fine on just about anything... it just feels more sprightly and the revs seem more steady, the higher octane the stuff is I'm putting in it. Tbh, I've not noticed the difference between Shell branded stuff and super market stuff (apart from the cost of course! ;) )

Ive had 2 tanks of V-Power in mine followed by the current tank of Sainsburys Super, as I needed to fill up and no shell garages were nearby.

I know I shouldnt really be able to tell a difference, but I am convinced that it doesnt feel as eager on the current tank, especially in the higher ranges of 5-7k where it now feels flatter.

Plus the fact I couldnt out drag a Focus ST the other day (mind you I think it was chipped as it had stickers all over it - well I hope it was!)

Back to V-Power from now on I think.

Those ST's with basic power upgrades will pull from a zed, they are quick. Basic remap yields nearly 300lb/ft of torque and about 270bhp!!!!!!

Still a focus though.

Aye there were a couple of upgrades reviewing in Evo this month. Think the Graham goode one was about 310bhp with over 300lb/ft or torque......

Its gotta shift thats for sure.... :)