Trying to remove standard bacbox - how?

StokieShinobi

get yourself some lube, either WD40 or spray grease or something and spray loads of it in there, try and get it under the rubber. then get a big flat blade screwdriver (BIG) and put it under the rubber and work it loose. Just takes a bit of elbow grease :thumbs: I have done this without jacking the car up at all before so its definitely possible if you have it on some sturdy stands :)

EDIT, and best put something under the back box to support it, an upturned bucket or whatever as its a bit heavy with the awkward angle you will be holding it under the car when you get it free.

do you not have new nuts and bolts with your exhaust? if you do just go at it and if they break they break, who cares you got them off then :)

just wd40 them, go at it, they will either loosen or snap, ideally you want to replace with new ones anyway.

Something i learnt the weekend......

When removing Fakeindians nuts he had been driving car for probably about an hour so they were nice and hot...this made them easy to come off. Just be carefull as you can easily burn your self

oh i re read.

do what i did, get a breaker bar and a blow torch, works a treat. they are stubborn buggers and they wont shear but take lots of force.

i thought you meant the backbox bolts :blush:

Pardon ignorance, do what with breaker bar?

Once the nut comes off the thread on the bolt will be a bit buggered. Any suggestions?

Am I gonna have to drill that out too? :(