Mot time

T8 JPE

I was thinking of getting the car MOT'd at an independant rather than at nissan. Is there anything in particular they need to do in relation to it being a zed. I remember hearing something about a brake test on the rollers messing up the diff or something along those lines.

But then again i could have made this up in one of my strange dreams :blush:

Jim

Is there anywhere that actually says that they cannot be tested on rollers. I take mine to a trusted mechanic and MOT station and mentioned this. He knew nothing about it and the automatic testing machine never flagged it up. Mines been on twice now :headhurt:

• 6 months later...

OLD THREAD RESSURECTION!!!

I've been searching for some info on the issue of putting the car on the rollers for an MOT but could only find this post which has two different opinions. Car is going into the local garage tomorrow for the MOT so would appreciate any advice...

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine MOT at a Nationwide Autocentre in January as they do it for half price (welcome deal!) if you get the voucher off the net. Google Nationwide autocentres and autotrader to find it i think. Was a good sevice and very professional - no gain in getting it done at a nissan garage..

Prob did my brake test on a rolling road though but didnt advise them any different???