Exhaust

ben p

Good afternoon guys, got a few questions it somebody could be so kind and enlighten me!

Currently own a 06 zed (287hp), had her for about 2 months and she already feels half as fast as she used too! time for a little shopping list!

1, motordyne plenum spacer

2, panel filter

3, miltek exhaust system

4, remap @ rs tuning

My original list had decats on instead of the miltek, but i though what the hell. I am a little confused though about what exhaust components work together. excuse my ignorance but here are my questions!

What is the japspeed y piece?

what can it work with?

Can you still use the decats with a performance exhaust?

Is there any point?

And I know this has been done to death but after many hours of searching I'm still no closer to picking a filter panel or induction kit. I just find it hard to believe that a simple replacement panel can gain more power then a full induction kit. Take the k&n typhoon for example, i've seem a dyno that proves a 6.5hp increase with that particular kit. And not like i believe everything I read but Japspeeds induction kit quotes a whooping 13-15hp increase, I mean are there no truths in these figures at all? :bang:

Exhaust on the z is

Headers(Manifolds) >>> Cats (or Decats)>>>> Y-pipe>>>>> Exhaust

You can use the y-pipe with any aftermarket exhaust & the same with decats or hi flow cats.

IMO for the cost of the Milltek there are much better exhausts available :)

The miltek system seems a little more civil then some of the others i've seen. I like the fact that they advertise that its made for performance and not noise. What are the benefits of the Y pipe? The miltek comes complete with its own Y pipe, will this work on the same principle as japspeeds? Also is there much difference in the performance between decat and hi flow cats? sorry for all the questions, just want to get all this right first time round!

I am having a Milltek fitted next week... so I'll feedback when I do.

I too was tempted by (hopefully) a 'quality' sound rather than just a loud noise. Vik54 has one and likes the result... described it as one of the more 'refined' exhaust sounds for the 350Z.

I guess it's a bit of a shot in the dark because there is not as much info about the Milltek comapred to others.

Good afternoon guys, got a few questions it somebody could be so kind and enlighten me!

Currently own a 06 zed (287hp), had her for about 2 months and she already feels half as fast as she used too! time for a little shopping list!

1, motordyne plenum spacer

2, panel filter

3, miltek exhaust system

4, remap @ rs tuning

My original list had decats on instead of the miltek, but i though what the hell. I am a little confused though about what exhaust components work together. excuse my ignorance but here are my questions!

What is the japspeed y piece?

what can it work with?

Can you still use the decats with a performance exhaust?

Is there any point?

And I know this has been done to death but after many hours of searching I'm still no closer to picking a filter panel or induction kit. I just find it hard to believe that a simple replacement panel can gain more power then a full induction kit. Take the k&n typhoon for example, i've seem a dyno that proves a 6.5hp increase with that particular kit. And not like i believe everything I read but Japspeeds induction kit quotes a whooping 13-15hp increase, I mean are there no truths in these figures at all? :bang:

Try not to go with the japspeed Y-Pipe if you can... plenty of other option from dealers on here that give a dam!

Any exhaust as said above

Yes you can

Yes there can be a difference if you get the right ones... Not all decats are the same!

Reason why the 06 air box is so good is that Nissan spent an age and some $$$ to get it right and didnt just get somethign that had been fitted to other cars and shove it on... Had a Typhoon, AEM, Pop Charger and others on mine, and it seems that the pop charger gave me the best results, Dont belive the japspeed claim... its all bollocks! And they wouldnt get it off a stock car with out a remap of sorts. Only reason that I dont have the stock 06 box with a hiflow panel filter is that I am a magpie... Currently running a Typhoon / AEM Longtube with a PopCharger....