Newbie needs help

swanny

Afternoon all,

I'm new to the site so wanted to say hi and maybe ask a favour of anyone with a 370z in the Portsmouth/south coast area.

I've been trying to get a look at and/or drive in a car through Nissan dealers for a couple of weeks now but none of them have come up trumps yet (almost seems like they don't want to sell me a car). Nissan customer services are on the case but no luck as yet.

Anyone down here know the secret of getting a test drive or have one they can show me around?

Cheers,

Rich

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Unfortunately you are not the first to have a difficulty in getting a test drive.

Have you tried getting a drive in a used 370? See this link to see if anything is near enough

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/richexperience#

Good luck, but if you have any specific queries there are a quite few 370 owners on the forum now and we should be able to help out ;)

Hey what a friendly place this is, thanks for all the replies so far, I'll follow up on the suggestions. :thumbs:

I've spent another hour on the phone and Bognor Regis can source a manual roadster for me to drive on Friday, not perfect but a good start (everyone else seems to have either an auto roadster or nothing).

Any feedback on Bognor Regis Nissan? Bloke I spoke to has been by far the most helpful so far and reckons to have sold three 370z's in the past few weeks.

@ Simon + Kat - thanks for your kind offer, I'd appreciate a look at your Zed if possible. I'll PM you if thats OK?

Hey what a friendly place this is, thanks for all the replies so far, I'll follow up on the suggestions. :thumbs:

I've spent another hour on the phone and Bognor Regis can source a manual roadster for me to drive on Friday, not perfect but a good start (everyone else seems to have either an auto roadster or nothing).

Any feedback on Bognor Regis Nissan? Bloke I spoke to has been by far the most helpful so far and reckons to have sold three 370z's in the past few weeks.

@ Simon + Kat - thanks for your kind offer, I'd appreciate a look at your Zed if possible. I'll PM you if thats OK?

No probs mate.

bognor regis top dealers . bought lemans blue gt from them in may.

traded in night blue 313 . gary and noel top blokes :thumbs:

jlp

Thanks mate, it was Noel I spoke to today. Are they up for a bit of a haggle on price?

I was only £100 off what i wanted, noel does the sweet talk gary does the deal.

ie: manger.

found them easy to deal with , good luck :thumbs:

Thanks mate, looking forward to the drive tomorrow, just wish I could get to see/drive a Coupe :bang:

Did you enjoy the test drive Swanny?

Yes and No.

Good points:

-Helpful, friendly dealership staff.

-Love the interior of the car, a vast improvement over the 350z I test drove a few years ago.

-Liked the styling despite the fact I drove a roadster. Really looking forward to seeing a coupe in the metal now.

-Synchro rev match is brilliant

-Good brakes

-Good handling & ride quality

Not so good points:

-Not as quick as I'd hoped. Maybe because it only had 3k miles on it but more likely because I was not inclined to use higher revs because the engine felt so harsh up there.

-Worst of all was the total lack of character in the exhaust note - I think this adds to the feeling of a harsh engine note (as do the vibrations through the gear stick)

The last two points were compared to my current Alfa 156 GTA. T was no quicker and this particular 370z's engine character and sound quality pale in comparison to the Alfa V6

To be honest I was a bit dissapointed in the car BUT will still look for a coupe to drive and hope that one is nicer, as I really want to like and maybe own one of these cars, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Rich

I've not driven a 370z yet, (I know shame :p ), but with most new cars once you are past about 5k - on the odo, they start to come into their own. Everything is still new and tight, but doesn't feel like it just came off the factory floor.

You never know, drive number two of another one, might just be enough to trip you into love at first Zed. ;)

Drove a Coupe today and loved it (even though it was an auto), so now got to decide new/used and a colour (thinking twilight) and see what can be done to improve the exhaust note.

Good god it's a handsome looking car :D