LOST KEYS!!!!!!!

350newbie

hmm i think your going to either need the code that may be in with your handbook possibly for a new key to be cut.

or the locks changed... which are coded... which you need nissan to do... which costs nissan style money.

if you buy a key from nissan (fob and key) anyway it'll be over 100 probably.

are you sitting comfortably...

i think the last i heard it was at least 300 quid.

you'll need new keys, and probably new locks as you have no master key to copy, the keys will need to be coded and set. plus labour charges, plus the cost of getting it to the garage to do the work, probably a tow truck, or pay a lock smith to come out and unlock it, but you'll have no method of switching the alarm off, unless the lock smith lets you in and you disconnect the battery.

Afraid the quote of £300 is probably close to the mark. Possibly even more.

Always make sure you have 1 spare electronic and a valet key. The key with remote, even if you have the original is about £110. Good luck finding them fella.

Horrible to think that you losing you keys may end up costing more than fixing the damage to my Zed when some bell end drove into it. :bangin:

If its only £300 for new locks and keys I'll be amazed sorry if this is a bit negative and not what you wanna hear but a guy I work with lost his Volvo keys (I think its a C30) and he was quoted for new locks and new keys............£1175 +VAT!!!!!

Hope they turn up mate!

If its only £300 for new locks and keys I'll be amazed sorry if this is a bit negative and not what you wanna hear but a guy I work with lost his Volvo keys (I think its a C30) and he was quoted for new locks and new keys............£1175 +VAT!!!!!

Hope they turn up mate!

+1 - it costs almost £200 to get a spare key cut and coded from Nissan, and that USING the original key!

Sorry to say, but I think if you went to Nissan you would be looking at a hell of a lot more than £300 for new locks, ignition barrel, keys(s) and programming! :surrender:

bloke on the s2k forum was burgled and has just replaced all locks and keys as his car keys were taken. the bill from honda was

£1231 to replace locks, ignition, keys, fobs, reprogramme alarm and immobiliser.

Not been using my car for a while been using the mrs convertible, been quoted £100-£150 from a auto locksmith. Does that sound right?

Also he has asked me to get the "numbers" for the key, I presume that is some kind of programming?