Running Costs

Parris

Ok, so I told a few people I look to be getting a Zed in the next month or 2 and they gave me a crazy look as if to say 'You aren't rich you mentalist!' Now, doing a bit of research against my current car, a Fiesta ST, I couldn't find any information leading to a massive increase in running costs. I know it will do less MPG and the insurance and tax is higher (mind you, only around £100 on insurance a year and £45 on tax) and the services will be a little more too.

Am I right in thinking that these lovely cars aren't as expensive to run as people think they are? :)

Fuel is easy to calculate, as is insurance and tax (as you've already done). The bigger costs over the ST will be things like tyres (£500 a set), brakes, clutches and any other consumables really. There's also the fact that the essentials cost a lot more: If you grenade the engine or 'box on a Fiesta ST it's not going to cost you as much to replace as on a 350Z... That's very worst case scenario though, and is incredibly rare on this car. Always worth keeping in mind though. :)

The satisfaction of owning a Zed far outweighs the additional running costs, go for it!

I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make out. I was given the same looks before I bought mine, however I average at 30MPG (10 Less than before - Does 400 miles like my last car (Bigger tank)), £225 Tax (£50 More than before) and insurance was the same. Hardly bank breaking in my opinion but obviously depends entirely on your situation.

Yeah, I figured it would be more if it went bang, but I guess that is the risk you have to take if you want to upgrade and I know how reliable these cars are :)

I do around 30 miles a day to work and back, so not massive amounts of miles a year- would only be a service once a year myself. £500 for the tyres isn't TOO bad as a set for the Fez would set me back £400 anyway.

Thanks so far guys- am really looking forward to selling my car and get the ball rolling!

again depends on what tyres you go for (much debate on here) but some can be £180 a tire plus fitting, balancing etc...

Also according to peeps on here they last no where near as long as other tires i have experiance with - but again depends on how you drive etc..

but then again anything is better then a fiesta st! so hurry along and get it changed! :p

Haha leave the Fiesta alone! :p It's been a nice little car for the last year, but I feel it's time to step up to the bigger leagues!

Our family is friends with a guy who owns a garage and can always do good deals on tyres, so should be ok with those.

I MUST GET ONE SOON!!! Starting to get really itchy feet now.

I went from a 2.0i BMW Z4 to the 350Z and apart from fuel and tax i think the 350Z is cheaper to run.

Its cheaper to insure, tyres are cheaper then 17" RFT's, servicing is cheaper, parts are alot cheaper. My Z4 cracked its exhaust manifold, was replaced under warranty but a refurb manifold/cat was £700-800 plus fitting.

So far the 350Z is cheaper to run than my old Focus RS :)

If you can afford to buy the Zed I am sure you can afford to run one, as with any decent performance orientated car never skimp on the essentials tires/servicing etc and the car will love you in return.

If you cannot afford to run one then.....sell it after a month or two :lol:

I just worked out how my much Z costs for me to run..

£1000 insurance

£400 a year on tyres

£200 on service

£225 road tax

.....£152 a month...not to bad really :D

Than i realised i also spend about £150 a month on petrol, and at the moment about £150 a month on mods, add on depreciation and actually the amount i spend on my Z is probably not too far off my monthly mortgage :bangin: but the Z is much more fun than my house :lol:

I just worked out how my much Z costs for me to run..

£1000 insurance

£400 a year on tyres

£200 on service

£225 road tax

.....£152 a month...not to bad really :D

Than i realised i also spend about £150 a month on petrol, and at the moment about £150 a month on mods, add on depreciation and actually the amount i spend on my Z is probably not too far off my monthly mortgage :bangin: but the Z is much more fun than my house :lol:

thats scary dont work out that stuff! :lol:

again depends on what tyres you go for (much debate on here) but some can be £180 a tire plus fitting, balancing etc... :p

Isn't the zed setup for use with the bridgestones and using other tyres can cause problems? (evo buyers guide info)

As a comparison this is what my GTA cost over 2 years running

http://www.pistonheads.com/members/show ... arId=75033

:)

again depends on what tyres you go for (much debate on here) but some can be £180 a tire plus fitting, balancing etc... :p

Isn't the zed setup for use with the bridgestones and using other tyres can cause problems? (evo buyers guide info)

look at this

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Nissan/350z.htm

where are the bridgestones? :shrug: wayyyy down the list for a reason :)

look at this

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Nissan/350z.htm

where are the bridgestones? :shrug: wayyyy down the list for a reason :)

That's good I really rate the PS2s I have them on my e92 Coupe, done 40K on the fronts (about to change) and 30K on the rears :thumbs: