Super unleaded or not?

jimgallaher

I've never seen Tesco 99 in my area (Lisburn, Northern Ireland) can anyone from this region confirm If it can be bought in Northern Ireland ? On the topic of Sainsburys being supplied by the same distributor as BP, I once owned a diesel Sri Astra and filled it with diesel from Sainsbury as my wife had a voucher giving me 5p a litre off the normal price. The car ran like a dog, it felt slower and less responsive than the stock performance I had before I had a remap done, I never used Sainsbury fuel again after this.

i don't think mixing will boost the lower octane if your running the tank to empty it will just start a fresh each tank, but because your swapping it doesn't have enough time to adjust fully,

stick with one fuel, preferably hi octane.

So how long does it take the ECU to adjust? I'm running Normal all the time but if does give better MPG over costs at the pump I'll switch.

Bradders

Sideways comment from me - my ECU took a week to work out that I'd replaced my stock Air Intake, as initially I gained a slight boost in power, then after a week the car was back to running stock settings despite having my ARC induction kit fitted.

So I'd say anything up to a week for the fuel to digest out the system for the ECU to get what I would say is average reading and adjust accordingly?